Lobular breast cancer just diagnosed

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,643
    Options
    That's great news @Cindi, that you are feeling so good & relieved (I am guessing - I know that I was) now that the cancer is 'gorn'! xx  Terrific that hubby is so supportive and accepting as well xx.   Like you, I was amazed at how much better I felt almost immediately, even tho mine was just a lumpectomy.

LOL Good luck with keeping the cat off!!  

Make sure you ask for printed copies of EVERY report from now on ..... specially your Pathology, tomorrow xx

All the best for your results tomorrow - don't forget to record the meeting & take your buddy/hubby with you as support/extra set of ears xx.  take care xx
  • GinGin
    GinGin Member Posts: 114
    Options
    So glad to hear all went well, @Cindi!🤗❤️
    I couldn’t wait to get home after 3 nights at the hospital, so am sure you are very happy to be recovering from home (without the drains!).

❤️❤️❤️

Gin
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    Great start, hope that sets the pattern for all your treatment. Best wishes!
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    HelenlovesSnoopy Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Oh Cindi that’s so funny about your big fat cuddly cat 🐱❤️
  • Cindi
    Cindi Member Posts: 134
    Options
    Thanks Arpie,

That's a good reminder, yes I'll ask for copies.
    Yes I'm taking my hubby, he's proving surprisingly supportive after all. :#
    x
  • Cindi
    Options
    Thanks GinGin,

Yes I agree, and it certainly helps without the drains I'm sure.

I guess if he took more lymph nodes or if I'd had a reconstruction, I would've still had drains in.

Im healing well except for one side is still quite swollen, but not too bad at all.
    x
  • Cindi
    Options
    Thanks Afraser, hope so too.
    x
  • Cindi
    Options
    Hi Helenlovessnoopy,

haha!! yes my Rex is very loving but just too heavy to have draped around my chest at the moment!! :#
  • Cindi
    Options
    Hi  my friends,

So happy to let you know my results are good. :)

The remaining breast tissue taken in mastectomy's was 5mm clear of margins, I'm so, so relieved.

I wont be having chemo or radiation. But hormone blockers, and keep getting checked to make sure no micro bits have gone anywhere in my body.

However my healing isn't as good as it should be due to me starting house work as soon as I came home from surgery and having the bleed.
    So I'm not allowed to do anything for 10 days, then I see him again and if swelling has not gone down he will siphon the blood out.

So anyone having mastectomy's DON'T do house work when you get out of hospital, it's not worth it!!

I will be going on Hormone Blockers called  Exemestane, ( when I'm more healed) has anyone here had these?
     What sides could I expect?

I was hoping to not have to wear my compression sox the nurses gave me anymore but I do have to.
    I keep getting crampy in my calf and annoying restless legs in the night time, I wonder if these tight sox things attributes to that.

Anyway, I'm very grateful as I know I'm lucky.

Good luck to all others, just got to keep our hopes up.
  • GinGin
    GinGin Member Posts: 114
    Options
    Hooray!🤗, great news on having clear margins, such relief 😅!
    out of interest, how or what is your medical team doing to check if there are micro bits lingering ?
    So glad you don’t require chemo and radiotherapy 👏.

❤️❤️❤️
    Gin
  • Cindi
    Options
    Hi Gin,
     I'm not actually sure, I forgot to ask, I'll write it down for when I see him in 10 days.
    It's hard to remember everything, probably quite a few things to still ask.

Also at first he suggested I take Letrozole, but a lady in the waiting room told me that drug has terrible sides and that the Exemestane is much better, so I asked if it'd be ok to have that & he said ok.

I hope it doesn't also have horrible sides, but they all probably do I guess.

• HelenlovesSnoopy
    HelenlovesSnoopy Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Cindi this is a legit looking UK website (though I’m not familiar with it) , but they have a nicely presented comparison of the blockers:

https://breastcancernow.org/about-breast-cancer/treatment/hormone-endocrine-therapy/aromatase-inhibitors-anastrozole-exemestane-and-letrozole/
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    @Cindi

Ask your oncologist for an opinion on the best one for your specific case and possible side effects. What happens to one person doesn’t happen to another. And celebrate a good result! 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,554
    Options
    Agree with @Fraser
    We are all different!
    Very unfair of that lady in the waiting room!  Her experience is hers alone 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,643
    Options
    Terrific results @Cindi - bummer about the bleed tho!!  Oh dear - You now know what NOT to do after surgery (even lumpectomy!) I hope the swelling settles down before you see him again xx. 

Enjoy being pampered for the next 10 days xx ;)  

As the girls have said - everyone's treatment is unique and everyone will have different reactions to any of the meds.    Best thing is to 'give them a go' with an open mind xx

take care