Men diagnosed with breast cancer

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    @traveltext

Perhaps you already have, just a thought bubble!

Have you written to the Board of BCNA to ask what their Statement of Purpose is.  Have they defined males in their promotional efforts and more importantly addressing the public messaging.  Their 5 year plan surely is addressing Breast Cancer genderless!

Take care

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Excellent!

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    That is great @traveltext.  I have a feeling I've seen it on here before ?  I miss communications with Rob. 
    It amazes me that BCNA encourages male members yet is too scared to be seen to put recognition of male BC in their promos.  As they appear heavily in my Will perhaps I should change that and have a proviso that it is to be used solely for the promotion and support of male BC issues ?
    Cat amongst the pigeons ??  😁
    Come on BCNA, please be more proactive on this issue.
  • traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 253
    edited May 2021
    Ha. Go @June1952 <3

We all miss Rob. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I love love love BCNA but the relentless pink, the outdated logo and gendered representation (with the occasional exception) often frustrates me. I would love to see that bit of blue added to the pink ribbon.

• June1952
    AGREE !!!  They will accept male members but just won't listen to the voices .........
  • traveltext
    They do listen to the voices, but they have stalled on getting the message out there that the disease is genderless. I’m putting a proposal to them for some concrete action on men this October. 
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    Come on, BCNA, please ensure action on this issue for the next big event.  Go for it @traveltext.  We are with you.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm gathering that it is Men's Health Week from stuff I've seen on fb but interestingly the only message it is promoting is that men get bc, too.
  • traveltext
    Harry tells me he is keen to spread the word that men have breasts too.
  • traveltext
    In my my latest article, I try to explain some of the issues that men with this disease face:

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    Great article @traveltext 👌🏻
  • June1952
    Excellent article, Rod.  (@traveltext) Straight to the point in simple language anyone can understand.  Hopefully some of the mainstream media will pick up on it.  BCNA, please add some blue in with the pink on everything to make people query it and help get the message out.