Men diagnosed with breast cancer

Options

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    hi Traveltext can I share this (your article ) on my facebook groups for others to read 
  • traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 253
    Options
    Yes, of course @SoldierCrab. ✅
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    Thanks Traveltext will do it all today :D 
  • traveltext
    Options

Gender screening discrimination

My mother developed breast cancer, aged 38, and died two years later. In my case, after contracting breast cancer, and two years later prostate cancer, my genetic test showed a BRCA1 mutation with a variation of unknown significance. My daughter, aged 48, was enrolled in a public screening program, which includes an annual MRI scan. However, my son, a few years younger, has no access to a public screening program and is on his own as far as check-ups go. This gender discrimination needs redressing.

READ MORE IN MY NEW ARTICLE HERE

https://advancedbreastcancer.net/living/screening-...

@BCNA looking for support to get men into screening programs.
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    shared this also traveltext :D thank you for raising this issue and barrier 
  • traveltext
    Options
    Thanks @SoldierCrab I’ve sent the CEO a submission requesting BCNA promote this action in Pinktober. 
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    Traveltext have you thought about a FACEBOOK campaign ? 
  • traveltext
    Options
    Yes, but I need to get NCNA onside first. 
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    this facebook campaign has seen a change in advertising from breast screen   just to give you positive outcome from others https://www.facebook.com/Can40Do45

• traveltext
    Options
    Thanks SC, that was good work. Once I hear back from @BCNA I'll look at the options.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    I’d like to see some blue men added to the pink ladies too. I was beyond shocked last year to learn that men could get it too. Completely oblivious. Imagine what men must feel like when they realise they have it. The shock would be far less if they were already aware it’s possible, and it would also mean earlier diagnosis with better prognosis. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    @traveltext I am too 🤞🤞. That pic is fantastic. Seeing something like that would be enough to make people open their eyes and go huh?? Blue men?? What does that mean?? And there you go, you’ve got a lot more awareness. Such a seemingly simple thing can help so much. 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Lovely photo of you all @traveltext.  Seeing Rob's face gave me a few tears.  Yes, come on, BCNA, get with the blue, too.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @June1952
    I had the same emotion seeing the photo of Rob Fincher.  A reminder of the fragility of it all.
    Best wishes @traveltext as you push for awareness 
    Take care