Feeling better than expected what now

Options
124»

Comments

• MicheleR
    MicheleR Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Hi @ChezaH,

Sorry to hear that. Im not feeling too bad. Im not back to doing everything but i can do quite a lot in a day.  Im being a bit cautious about rads. Also i dont intend on picking up all the housework on my own again and kids will find their way home from school. Ill work many less hours than before and im going to wait till march or whatever my gp says. 

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Michelle_R You want to tell the bully kid to fuck off? That's fine. You probably can't do it in the most satisfying, finger stabbing the chest  until he is stumbling backwards version  (unless you can corner the little scrote out of CTV view)  but by hell you can think it without censoring yourself

I think this is an almost exclusively female thing. We do it at work and in our home lives.  While I'm not advocating for full on shrieking potty mouthed harpydom, I wonder why we sanitise our language, particularly in the written form, when we are really angry. Everyone knows what we mean, but we haven't actually said it, for fear of what? Not being nice? Being nice has kept women well and truely hobbled for millennia. It hobbles us at work in a way males have overcome.

Anyway, I hope your daughter is ok. Excuse my 3 am rant. I've run out of passionfruit sorbet, which has been known to make me more user friendly in the early hours.Mxx
  • MicheleR
    Options
    @Zoffiel,

Ha. Im not sure of the rules here. 

I think im becoming less filtered as i age. 

I agree it important to speak your mind. 

Hope you found more sorbet? Do you sleep? Im snoring from about 10pm to 7am on a good night. 

Michele
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    😂😂😂😂😂😂
    @Zoffiel, you make some very valid points. I completely agree. Stuff being a ‘lady’, as we get told so many times to be. I’d rather say what’s on my mind, in the way I want. If men can, we can ☝️
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    @Zoffiel haha love the expression sliced diced poisoned and fried!

@MicheleR, my advice would be take it slow, lots of people have an ok time of rads, but I’m one of those that had Terrible burns.  That and the  effects of a year of treatment knocked me out.  I underestimated how tired I would be and what the chemo surgery and radiation had done to my poor body. I had to go with the flow a bit more and learn to let go.  Hard lesson too.
    Take care
    Caz x
  • MicheleR
    Options
    Hi @Caz1,

Hope you are doing okay now.

What i feel ive underestimated so far (im not yet back at work) is the beaurocracy. 

Ive had to get a billion forms filled out to return to work and to navigate covid policies. My poor gp! 

My employers seem to be struggling to work out how their systems can manage this. They are rushing to a finish line. My leave was supposed to end on 28/1 and they may have forgotten about the forms, i had to extend my leave a week so i could organise gp to get the things done. Now that week is almost done they are trying to sort a role and paperwork. Id mentioned to my boss that i wouldnt mind a couple of extra weeks off because i didnt have radiotherapy schedule and he forgot so now im adding another week leave to accommodate them only. I may say today ti them tell me when you think it can be sorted correctly and ill take leave till then. 

They offered 2 roles. 1 seems really interesting but i think the timing for me is bad and i think its risky. Ive said if they can make it less risky id be interested. The other seems to be considered safer but they have no details yet. 

Its exasperating.   

• ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options

MicheleR said:

Hi @Caz1,

Hope you are doing okay now.

What i feel ive underestimated so far (im not yet back at work) is the beaurocracy. 

Ive had to get a billion forms filled out to return to work and to navigate covid policies. My poor gp! 

My employers seem to be struggling to work out how their systems can manage this. They are rushing to a finish line. My leave was supposed to end on 28/1 and they may have forgotten about the forms, i had to extend my leave a week so i could organise gp to get the things done. Now that week is almost done they are trying to sort a role and paperwork. Id mentioned to my boss that i wouldnt mind a couple of extra weeks off because i didnt have radiotherapy schedule and he forgot so now im adding another week leave to accommodate them only. I may say today ti them tell me when you think it can be sorted correctly and ill take leave till then. 

They offered 2 roles. 1 seems really interesting but i think the timing for me is bad and i think its risky. Ive said if they can make it less risky id be interested. The other seems to be considered safer but they have no details yet. 

Its exasperating.   

Hope you can get it sorted out soon hugs Cheryl x
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Hi @Michelle_R,

I've just caught up with your post.  
    HIgh school just stinks.  Some kids need flogging but unfortunately that's not allowed these days.  Although, I agree with @Zoffiel just don't get caught :)

I guess I was lucky with work.  I went back part time after chemo number 2.
    I work in a hospital where multiple staff members have worked going through BC treatment.  Nobody bats an eye if you show up with a sparkly turban and have to bugger off for radiation.  You just continue as normal if you're up to it and go home if you're not.
    There certainly does seem like a whole lot of paperwork and drama for you.  
    Radiation is difficult because, like the rest of it, you don't know how you're going to go untill you start.

Personally, compared to chemo I found radiation a walk in the park.  They worked my appointments around my work and the biggest pain was driving there every day.  Zero  fatigue and minimal burning until about number 22.  I worked the whole time with no issues apart from finding the right bra to wear.
    Best part about radiation...the rope you pull yourself up with.  I still wonder who came up with that idea.
    All the best lovely xoxoxo
  • FLClover
    Options
    Good luck to you for going back to work @MicheleR! I certainly hope it’s doable for you, and helps bring back that feeling of normal again 🍀♥️
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options

MicheleR said:

Hi @kezmusc,

Thanks for your comments. Love heaeing that you were able to work around treatment.

Im starting work Monday! Just in mirnings,andxwith proviso thst if i need i can book leave without pay (no sick leave left). It all came together!

I guess it is a see how it goes thing. Im gradually adding things i want back in. Anyway we shall soon see. I want to keep up exercise too. 

Good luck with returning to work, just take it easy hugs Cheryl
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hope it all goes well for you.
  • MicheleR
    Options
    2 days in and going great! Went to my exercise medicine straight after today. Rads after work tomorrow. 
  • FLClover
    Options
    Great to hear that @MicheleR! Hope it continues well for you 🤞😊