getting fit again

Options
2»

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @FLClover Thank you. I would never get my workouts done if I had to dress for them. I do them in my jammies. Only after my coffee though.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    Once again, 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. Much better than nothing. Good on you 👌🏻😊♥️
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Good on you, girls.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    I hope you are happy with your choice in leaving the job .... and hope you enjoy getting fit again xx

Good on you for getting back into it again tho, @Blossom1961 .... I find it VERY hard to get motivated to do 'exercise' unless I have a fishing rod in my hand - in which case I 'might' walk the length of the whole beach & back .... but more likely to put the kayak in & have a fish and 'call' it 'exercise'!  ;)  That's my excuse & I'm sticking to it!

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    The one (possibly only) good outcome of COVID has been daily walking. My daily paces soar on holiday and when I came back from NZ in March 2020, straight into mandatory isolation, I thought they would plummet. So I started walking in circles in the garden. After 14 days, I could walk in the street and I haven’t stopped. Better for my letrazole’d bones, PN feet and my weight! 
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @arpie I did the right thing in leaving, even though I now need to find another job. Unofficial interview tonight. I have an ongoing job offer in Darwin but it is just too far away, and another in Western Australia, but again too far. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Well done on leaving if it didn't suit you - it sounds like the best decision for you. xx

Good luck with your interview tonight, unofficial tho it is!   Ooooh ... Darwin or WA .... if I was young & carefree .... I'd jump at those chances - not when married & with family responsibilities!!  :(  
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 703
    Options
    I started walking with a neighbour before lockdown I was only working 2 days a week 
    then lga of concern happened more than half the staff cant come into the office and I’m now up at 6:30am and home about 8pm usually 4 days a week. 
    Miss my morning and afternoon walks. I don’t know if it’s not walking or the extra work but I’m  bone tired and don’t know when the hours are going to cut back 
    i can get 2 weeks in November but its full of tests 
    oh for a return to normality of some sort 

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Amen to that @cranky_granny! Between people frantic because they’ve lost their jobs and people working extra shifts to keep things afloat, it’s frustrating and exhausting. I think we are tired as much by the emotional impact as by the physical impact. I hope you get some good news/ relief soon. 
  • Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    Options
    @Blossom1961 great tip I’m going to try fit on too, I realised i really enjoy easy dancing so much more than steppers etc. great tips about fitting it in too.  Do you cast it to your TV? I did a routine on silver sneakers on you tube a few times - fun
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @Halla I just have it on my ipad. My telly is a pain to use. Enjoy but don't be tempted to use the pay version unless you are going to be somewhere without internet. It really isn't worth it.