arpie Member Posts: 7,969
    Great that you have a date - and I LOVE your cat!!  xx

Take care xx
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 957
    Purrrrrfect.....
  • Raich
    Raich Member Posts: 114
    @arpie, it’s all happening so fast! It’s a combination of being relieved and overwhelmed. I fluctuate between the two! I’ve taken leave for the remainder of the term (we have 5 weeks left) and then will probably be undergoing radiation therapy. Which takes up almost all of next term. So I’m looking at taking leave then too.  It’s a relief to know (kind of) what’s happening 
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    @Raich, hi ....I am/was like you, and quite private about who I told.
     When I was diagnosed, It was like I had to go internally to concentrate on my treatment and come to terms with everything. As another survivor explained to me, you have to go on this misadventure ( I hate the word journey ) on your own anyway. Now I’m a year on,  and found myself openly sharing my diagnosis with an acquaintance the other day! Surprised myself!

You do you. You must protect yourself and your mental health. This is your story, and you tell whomever you want! 
    Good luck with everything  :)
    Caz xxx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,961
    Hi @Raich Do check out your Super as soon as you can - I would be surprised if you don't have some sort of income protection scheme if you're a teacher.  Be aware though, that it can take time to come through and there is usually a waiting period during which you can not have worked - I think mine was 30 days.
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 963
    Blue is lovely.   Our pets really do know when something is up with their humans.  Sending hugs for your surgery on 27th.   xxx
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549

Raich said:

Thanks Everyone, as it turns out just have no time to go to work been busy with appointments ... met surgeon last Friday, booked in for surgery next Thursday (27th) 
    wide excision, possible axillary clearance. 
    Getting stuff organised... Blue has decided to come along; to cover any cat scans I may need.... 

Sending you hugs for your surgery tomorrow Cheers Cheryl x
  • Raich
    Raich Member Posts: 114
    Thank you. Just want it to be over. And be back home. I know it will be fine. Just , you know. Bleh. Xxx 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,969
    Xxx big hugs xx
  • Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 506
    I hope that all goes well for you tomorrow.We will all be thinking of you.

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,570
    Good luck @Raich 🍀❤️
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    All the best with surgery today @Raich
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 963
    @Raich hope all went well for you for your surgery.  Sending hugs xxx
  • lovemelrose
    lovemelrose Member Posts: 6
    Hope your surgery went well. I was diagnosed about 13 days ago and had surgery on Tuesday and Thursday. It's overwhelming but the drs and nurses are fantastic so I hope you are recovering well. 💕