Diagnosed 2 Days Ago

Options

Comments

• lovemelrose
    lovemelrose Member Posts: 6
    Options

Raich said:

Thank everyone. 6 days out of surgery. Feeling okay. Xxx 

I'm 6 days out too. Feeling pretty good but so itchy! Hope you keep feeling good :)
  • Raich
    Raich Member Posts: 114
    Options
    So itchy!! And my dressings smell baaaaaaad!!! I’m heading back to Perth next Tuesday for post surgery consult... which isn’t til Friday . Hating the travel and being away from home. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,535
    Options
    I was itchy all over for a month or so post surgery. Very uncomfortable. When I scratched my thighs, massive bruises appeared after a day and lasted about a week. I was covered in them. Big, purple, then green bruises. Asked surgeon about them, got a shrug as an answer 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Ahnn
    Ahnn Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Love and hugs to you @Raich. It will get better faster than you expect and then on to next phase of treatment.  Take care and give yourself time to rest
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,574
    Options
    Wondering how you went going to Perth today @Raich ... hope you can enjoy the big smoke!

I hope your surgeon is happy with the wound when you see him on Fri and he is happy with how it is progressing! Xx. 

I also hope you can get your results at the same time ... tho sometimes it takes longer!

all the best. Xx

• Raich
    Options
    Thanks All! 
    In Perth , spending a couple of nights with friends. Big meeting on Friday morning. Hoping to get some idea of what the next few months will look like. 
    It’s been a hard week. PMS has been full on. Period arrived this evening. 
    Weird side effects this time ... experiencing nausea for the past few days, including today, and right now :( Is this a wonderful new peri menopausal thing or a post surgery thing?  Either way, would be quite happy without it.
  • Cathyw
    Cathyw Member Posts: 117
    Options
    That's rough, having period issues and post surgery to deal with. Am glad I don't have to worry about that...All the best for tomorrow, ask plenty of questions if you're not sure..
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options

Raich said:

Thanks All! 
    In Perth , spending a couple of nights with friends. Big meeting on Friday morning. Hoping to get some idea of what the next few months will look like. 
    It’s been a hard week. PMS has been full on. Period arrived this evening. 
    Weird side effects this time ... experiencing nausea for the past few days, including today, and right now :( Is this a wonderful new peri menopausal thing or a post surgery thing?  Either way, would be quite happy without it.

Take care and I agree ask as many questions so you know what is going on

• Raich
    Options
    Things aren’t great. 
    The margin wasn’t big enough.
    Surgery has to be repeated. 
    So I’m back in for a mastectomy on the 23rd of September. Sucks, she did an amazing job sewing me back up and it’s healing beautifully. 
    Good news is no cancer in the lymph nodes so no radiation therapy. Which means I don’t have to spend 6 weeks away from home. 
    I’m adjusting to the new, new normal. Which I’m finding out means nothing is certain and things can change in an instant. 
    I’ll be about 10 days down in Perth so I don’t have to return home then back to Perth to have drain removed. Fingers crossed that I can get away with no chemo. But at this stage I’m not assuming anything. Been disappointed once already. 
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options

Raich said:

Things aren’t great. 
    The margin wasn’t big enough.
    Surgery has to be repeated. 
    So I’m back in for a mastectomy on the 23rd of September. Sucks, she did an amazing job sewing me back up and it’s healing beautifully. 
    Good news is no cancer in the lymph nodes so no radiation therapy. Which means I don’t have to spend 6 weeks away from home. 
    I’m adjusting to the new, new normal. Which I’m finding out means nothing is certain and things can change in an instant. 
    I’ll be about 10 days down in Perth so I don’t have to return home then back to Perth to have drain removed. Fingers crossed that I can get away with no chemo. But at this stage I’m not assuming anything. Been disappointed once already. 

Thinking of you at this time sending hugs xxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options

Raich said:

@r@Raich

Well it may not be what you expected but a good thing that they are able to assess the pathology and conclude a  Mastectomy is needed.  No lymph nodes involvement at this stage is a damn good thing.  

Are you considering Breast Recon?  A couple of links to absorb the information 

https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/treatment/breast-reconstruction/

https://www.reclaimyourcurves.org.au/
  • Raich
    Options
    @iserbrown, my surgeon has offer me a reconstruction, but in the past (BBC), I read a lot about implants and illness/chronic fatigue. I’m very small in the boob department so not fussed about losing one. I have a knitted one ready to go! 😬🤣 
  • Cathyw
    Cathyw Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Good news about no lymph node involvement, sounds like you’ve got a good attitude..a knitted one...😂😂
  • Raich
    Options

• Ahnn
    Ahnn Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi @Raich sorry to hear you're going back for more surgery. Having small boobs can sometimes be a blessing but losing them can still be a shock. Knitted knockers are a great idea