Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Liver tumours

Options

Comments

• Joarden
    Joarden Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi Giovanna, sort of ok.still feels surreal.. Couldn't think of any further questions, mind is tired. 
  • Joarden
    Options
    Giovanna.. Tried to message back.??
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Thanks @Joarden just checking in to see how you are doing.  Take care of you, 
  • suburbangirl
    suburbangirl Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Hi @Joarden,
    Just to say thinking of you. 
    Know that we are here for you on this forum, xx

• Joarden
    Options
    thank you. It has been a great comfort talking  to lovely ladies here..wish I could offer the same support.. xxx
  • Joarden
    Options
    Hi Giovanna, unfortunately " me" is very tired. Hope to call you tomorrow. :-))
  • Joarden
    Options
    Thank you SO  much for giving us some hope..my baby boy is only 12, so it is is very scary to consider the possibilities.. Sorry to ask, but you had  liver tumours or just affected your liver?? Not sure what lies ahead in dealing with liver, was just getting used to the breast/ lymph nodes and ready to start chemo..Genuinely pleased you are doing well, your  babies are so young..:-))
  • StarGirl
    StarGirl Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi @Joarden, multiple liver tumours. Xx
  • Joarden
    Options
    Hope things are going well.for you.:-)) biopsy today to see what's next..
  • Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Hi @Joarden, how are you? Was just  thinking of you and wondering how you were getting on. Lots of love Tinks xx
  • Joarden
    Options
    Such a sweet thought, and great timing!! Approaching 5 months since original diagnosis, and just started tablets last week.!!! Went from full on chemo/ radiotherapy schedule, to nothing, till I rang and asked for my file to get a second opinion.. Then they started tablets, still keeping things from me, which is disappointing.. Still getting second opinion, even though I was reassured by Giovanna ( on this site) that my combination of meds is good..How are you going?..:-))
  • Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Good to hear from you and I’m glad Giovanna could add some reassurance. I’m finished 25 days of rads, some skin breakdown around the upper pecs area hopefully will not take too long, oww! 
    Most of the chest wall is healing quite well. 

It sounds from what you have said, that a second opinion is worth getting even if it is only for your peace of mind that you are on the correct and most appropriate treatment given your findings. Also to make sure you know about what has been found and what it all means.

lots of hugs Tinks xx
  • Joarden
    Options
    Sounds a  bit painful..:-(( wishing you fast healing..As much as I'm.scared and hated the thought of treatment, I'm feeling a bit " forgotten ", especially when I go in for one test, and they  rush me to agree on something different, so " we don't waste the vial"!!! Thank you for kindness, even while you are also on this " adventure "..:-).xxx
  • ddon
    ddon Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Joarden,  you are being so gracious about this but I think it stinks that 5 months out from diagnosis - and a tough one at that - that you are just starting on your tablets. No wonder you feel forgotten. It is so hard to come to grips with the mental trauma of this but it’s made easier when you can get a plan and start treatment. I think I would have had a total breakdown by now if I’d had to wait as long as you. I hope you get looked after better from here on in and respond well to your treatment. Xx