Newly Diagnosed 18/2/2020

Options
2»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    OMG @Blondy - I can just imagine all the review teams hearing about this spate of leopard skin undies in their patients.... and the panties Tory - I agree! It would have stunk! LOL

yep, laughter helps us all get them it - we have a couple of ‘funnies’ threads here .... feel free to read them and add any of your own!

Great that you have your surgery date @lois_56 ...  just keep yourself busy in the meantime xxxx

all the best with your surgery too, @Caz1 xxx

• Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    @arpie haha maybe it could be secret sisterhood of the travelling pants! Imagine!  :D

@Blondy hmmmmm ....crotchless would be hilarious but not sure I’m brave enough  ;)
  • LoisLois
    LoisLois Member Posts: 43
    Options
    @Caz1 - good luck for the surgery.
    @Blondy - You are a LEGEND.....I may nickname you "Vamp" or "Temptress" shortly.  lol

By the way - what the heck is Moo Goo and do I buy it or get it from the hospital?

Hope your weekend is a groovy one! 

Lois xxx      
  • Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    Options
    hi @LoisLois, MooGoo is a commercial product, you can find it on line. The original moisturiser is called udder cream. That’s the one I’m using and my radiotherapy team endorsed it as well. You order online, and worth checking out the Chemo pack as it is for us and is great value! Best wishes xx
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    Hi @LoisLois @ Tinks some chemists also stock it. :)
  • Tinks
    Options
    Thanks @Caz1
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    @lLoisLois moo goo is an approved cream when having radiation .There is an online oncology pack for around $40 with more than $40 worth of goods. Personally I found the cream given me at radiology was too thick to apply without using pressure . I lurve my nicknames  
  • Tinks
    Options
    All the best for your surgery this week @LoisLois! Soon it will be gone. Lots of love Tinks xx
  • LoisLois
    LoisLois Member Posts: 43
    Options
    TWO DAYS until surgery and I am so damn excited!!!!!!!!!  :)
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hi @LoisLois
    All the best with your upcoming surgery!  Take care of you
    regards Giovanna
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 703
    Options
    @LoisLois just read everyone’s comments. Agree with them all. 
    Mine was similar to yours 
    Though i didn’t get to miss the Chemo 1st surgery 2nd then the Rads.Looking back 3 years now the radiation was the easiest part. Did everything i was told to do plus took suggestions from here
    each of us have similar and different experiences through this. What I found was someone on this forum has experienced it and has a good suggestion to go with it. 
    I read it all as the search bar became my best friend on here in the early days And went with the ones i felt comfortable with Now I just ask
    best advise all Drs appointments have that other set of ears. My notes on my phone got a hammering then on appointment days my other Set of ears would read them And ask the questions mostly due to Chemo brain. 

My funny was my Son decided he was taking me to hospital on the day of surgery.  I must not have retained a small detail about the special Dye. at 7 am in the morning a red faced son decided he couldn’t sit with me while i was going to so exposed. He rang his aunt to come take over for that part. 
    I have never seen my son so red faced and they were happy to wait the 10 minutes for sister in-law to get there. I still giggle when i think back on it. 
    Most of all good luck for surgery and do as you’re  told. As well pamper yourself. And let loved ones help Even if it is just bringing you your favourite snack   I ended up with 6 months supply of chocolate and chips 
    Oh yeah open front shirts are the go for certain. And loose clothing