27 year old lobular carcinoma

Options

Comments

• Skinnylatte
    Skinnylatte Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi,  sounds like your surgery is sorted,  good luck!! I had ILC diagnosed at xmas, mastectomy plus axillary clearance (one node positive preop, turned out to be 3 post op). Make sure you get the proper exercises for your arm from a physio asap - they're pretty light to start with,  but worth it.  I wasn't given that info soon enough. 
    ILC seems to be hard to measure from scans. Post op pathology is most revealing,  and will be the decider in what comes next.
    I've already got kids, 45,  so didn't have to think about fertility,  which must be so hard,  but sounds like you have a loving supportive husband,  keep talking.
     Good luck, at least you've got gorgeous Bonnie to keep you smiling. 🐶💕

• youngdogmum
    youngdogmum Member Posts: 250
    Options
    Hi @Skinnylatte I’m post op already! Mastectomy and clearance done, full path back etc. about two weeks ago now,  today I’m 22 days post surgery :) if it wasn’t for IVF I’d be starting chemo next week.. one further week delay to finalise that and then chemo from 02/04/19. 
    Im grateful that only one tiny micromet was in one lymph node out of the 14 removed! 
  • suburbangirl
    suburbangirl Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Hello there youngdogmum,
    I just want to say 'you go girl!'
    We each have our own journey, but what is important is our positivity and strength, which you have oodles of. 
    This is my first post on this site (post op- waiting pathology results), and I am so impressed and humbled, reading members' support and encouragement.
    I think we all are amazing, as is youngdogmum!
    xx

• youngdogmum
    Options
    Hi @SuzanneB6152

Thanks very much for your kind words of support. As we all do, I have good days and bad days.. the IVF hormones certainly have made me have more bad days this weekend!  I think it’s helped a lot that I’m a nurse and know a lot about cancer already..
    But yes currently trying to stay as positive as I can in this process !!!! 
    Best of luck that your pathology is the best it can be x 
  • youngdogmum
    Options
    Evening all !!!
    Today was egg day! And they werent all scrambled 😂🤪 
    Woo. 
    They took ten; we find out tomorrow how many fertilised and then on a Saturday how many made it to the five day old mark to be frozen in time. 

Lovely lovely anaesthetist who bulk billed me. I felt she was so genuine when she said well this is horrible isn’t it, there’s nothing else to describe it. She liked my attitude that I’ve just gotta deal with it now and hope I have many more years left to enjoy. 

Im more uncomfortable post op now than I was pre op, they essentially put a syringe in my ovaries 10-20 times to extract the eggs for anyone wondering how it works. Emotions all over the shop tonight but I feel that’s very very hormone related.
    Hubby said “you’ve essentially had 10 periods in one day I think you’re allowed to be upset” 😂😂

Cant wait to get started with chemo!! Bring it on.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Yep, once the chemo decision was made (pre surgery for me), scared as I was, getting it started was then one step closer to surgery, and getter the cancer out.
    Do you have a start date? Have you thought about a port, how are your veins (nurse speak)?

Hope it doesn't take too long to feel a bit better 

Just a question, has anyone mentioned having zolodex during chemo? I think I may have read somewhere that there is a suggestion that it may also have some protective effect on future ovarian function. 

Take care
  • youngdogmum
    Options
    @lrb_03
    Next Tuesday 2nd April I start! 
    I asked about a port, it was my preference. Oncologist feels risk of infection etc outweighs benefits of having “young” veins. If we are struggling throughout they will put one in. 
    I wouldn’t say I have fantastic veins but they are definately there. I had to hold back pushing for a port and just let the experts make that decision!

Zoladex will continue throughout chemo and definately beyond, it will form part of my hormonal therapy.. oncologists haven’t told me which other drugs I will be on yet post chemo but they discussed new research that giving a pre menopausal woman in induced menopause (ie with zoladex) an aromatase inhibitor is now showing more promising disease free survival than tamoxifen in younger women. 
    That is currently their recommendation for me. 

Will update you all after my first round of chemo 😬
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Such a big thing to consider and do, well done and best wishes!! 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Sorry! Scrambled my responses! 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Made sense to me, @Afraser :)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Okay...not sure then...
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Glad you are going OK, @youngdogmum   xxxx 

Yep - it surely is a roller coaster ride.  My 2 year 'anniversary' of surgery was 4 weeks ago.  I see my surgeon for my 2 year review next week.  (Just routine)

Jump back on any time you like!!  ;)   Take care xxx

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Moving on is good. There probably should be more of it. Onward and upward from here. Mxx