2 year all-clear, 2 year all-fear.

Options

Comments

• Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Options
    Hi @kmakm, I think a couple of them were your ideas. I just listed the suggestions in the thread. If everyone is happy with 'Now what?' I can create the category tomorrow morning :)

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Marianne_BCNA Awesome sauce.  :)
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    @Marianne_BCNA

I'm happy with Now What?
    Also like the idea
    "Survivorship struggles"

Not sure what others think.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    PrimeK  maybe Now What ?  - Survivorship struggles.....

• Silba
    Silba Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Everyone looks , I don't even know why they bother to seal the results, duh !!
    Finished radiation to chest and hip area  3 weeks ago and feel like a wet rag, (after chemo and bilateral surgery).
    Saw my Onc today , complained about tired , pain, headaches and hot flashes/sweats(tamoxifen) ,his comment .
    'suck it up " , I'm tired of being tired,and it looks like it doesn't improve much , but keeping fingers crossed that I can at least kick the pain killers down a notch in about another 8 weeks or so when the rad to the hip met should start to work  and I can walk without limping and flinching everytime .

Such a horrible disease to live with , rrrrgggghhhh ........
  • kmakm
    Options
    Tough love from your oncologist @Silba!
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    @michelle

I agree i too just hopped into bed aching!!! In pain and exhaustion with 1 more day to go. Yet i roll into work all smiles and nobody knows what i go through. Hard to find joy sometimes when quality of life has diminished . Well a good rest and onward we go because we do it so well!! X
  • Michele B
    Michele B Member Posts: 136
    Options
    @melclarity,yep, that is what we do!! Have a great day tomorrow x
  • melclarity
    Options
    @michelle

You too, dont forget to find tine to nurture you too. Xx 
  • kmakm
    Options
    Big hug to you too @Michele B. K  <3
  • Michele B
    Michele B Member Posts: 136
    Options
    @kmakm, thanks lovely xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Patti J I was going to comment yesterday but typing something on a phone just gives me the irks.  Don't let them tell you what you can and can't do.  If anyone diagnosed with bc thinks that there are guarantees out there that there, they're living in a dreamland.  This is not a fluffy, pink disease.  It sounds more like those giving the programme are scared.  I think it's more important for those of us at a lower stage to know that life can still be lived at Stage 4.  The only real reason they can give for you not doing the programme is if your current condition makes the exercises dangerous.  Given that you sign a waiver and have to have medical consent makes this ridiculous.
  • melclarity
    Options
    @Patti J sorry I meant to comment too, I've done the Encore Program and I liked it, it kick started me back, from there I found an exercise physiologist to work with. I THINK they have it all arse up personally...why isnt the time spent in all things, research and care, survivorship of Mets and Stage 4, to me this is more valuable and where we get the deeper knowledge and understanding of the disease. I also think too...BS!! discrimination and the benefits are enormous for you...please do challenge this as 'scare them away' I'm sure we can 'scare THEM away' if they don't! How dare they! and as others have said, as if people arent scared at any stage? please...they are ignorant and need to grow up. To me...what a great promotion for Stage 4. Hat off to you!! xx M