On Our Walks

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Had a companion bouncing alongside me today but too slow with the camera and he/she bounded off into the bush but he/she did stop to pose 
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Romla
    Your little kangaroo looks a little like our Agile Wallabies. We now keep our gate closed at night because at one stage we were continually replacing reticulation lines and drippers. The Wallabies were digging up the lines to get at the water. Even leaving water bowls out did not stop them.

@JJ70
    At least you had a wonderful time and saw some great places. 
    Next time!

@arpie

You will just have to bring your kayak and your camera and I promise you a nice quiet billabong chocka with barramundi and no crocs!.
    That must have been a  magical evening on the water.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,947
    Here is a view from my  walk this morning. 
  • Annie C
    @jennyss
    That would have been a lovely walk down the fire break / gravel road. Both are the same in our area! It looks very dry!

We are in the midst of our end of dry season Kimberley  fires. The air is very smoky. It does not clear until midmorning. Thank God for air conditioners and a solar system  churning out "free" power.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @jennyss Looks fresh and open. Was it a good walk today? After a few days of sunny, breezy & mild weather in Melbourne, it's now cold, windy and raining. So no walk for me today.  :/
  • j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    Lovely locations ladies!  :)
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,947
    Dear @Annie C, @kmakm and @j9k, this track leads up to the top of a hill where there is a town water reservoir. Council maintains the road. There are gum trees, wattle trees and native pines up the road and in a little 'park' at the top of the hill. Sometimes there are lots of birds, other times it is very quiet. Families, fitness seekers, children and dogs enjoy the walk, especially on weekends. Unfortunately I have to pick up the occassional beer or soft drink can or milk bottle converted to an illegal  smoking device!
  • Annie C
    @jennyss
    It is always a great shame that such items are just left where last used. I cannot understand why.

Our little area, Munkyjarra, often suffers from litter. We always take an old chook pellets bag with us for our own rubbish and others.

I have noticed that since the Derby Landcare  Group has undertaken the area as a  rehabilitation project and that the area has been declared a conservation area, the litter is less. 

• fancy
    fancy Member Posts: 8
    Yes it's a favorite spot of ours - South West Rocks in NSW. :):smile:

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @JJ70 gorgeous pics - I can feel the serenity from here!
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    How's the serenity?
    So much serenity!

LOL....must re-watch The Castle for the 50 000th time. Always a good laugh.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @JJ70 Love that film.