On Our Walks

Comments

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Gorgeous @Harvey1903
    This is surburbia! Ferntree Gully along the bike track ! 
    Back home now , in my garden trying to tidy up 
  • j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    @tigerbeth, @Harvey1903. Both look lovely! Beach and bush - love both. You'll get there @Harvey1903. One day at a time.
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    @JJ70, looks so beautiful and peaceful.
  • Bettyboo
    Bettyboo Member Posts: 33
    All those photos are amazing, gotta love this country of ours.  B)
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    That's great @tigerbeth!! <3
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Yes, where is that @tigerbeth? It looks lovely. Hey when are we going to meet for a walk?! I've got two weeks to go before the school holidays make me comprehensively unavailable...

@Harvey1903 That looks divine! Almost tropical! Don't worry about the distance, you'll get there. I'm back up to 5kms comfortably, and working on 6kms. K xox

• Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    I’m in awe of anyone who can do 5km! after 6 weeks of treatment I found my pedometer and walked nearly 6,000 steps in my whole day I’m stuffed to put it bluntly. But I figure I have to start somewhere
  • kmakm
    edited September 2018
    @Sarnicad I kept moving throughout chemo, going for a walk almost everyday. Each cycle I worked my way back up to 5kms. However by the fourth cycle I could no longer manage that. My heart would pound very fast at the tiniest of slopes and I had to sit down and rest repeatedly. My blood pressure would drop and I'd get very dizzy. It took quite a while to get back up to speed without this happening, but not as long as you might think. Keep moving as best as you can and you'll be right. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @sarnicad - like @kmakm I was doing 5km a day after surgery and then for weeks 2 & 3 during AC, until the last cycle of that when I just couldn't manage it.  I've just started being able to walk the distance again although it's not every day.  My advice is do what you can but don't overdo it.
  • kmakm
    @Sarnicad @Sister is bang on, you have to pace yourself with your energy spend otherwise you're on the couch or in bed with fatigue, completely useless to anyone including yourself!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @Sarnicad I walked/ran at the start of my TC chemo but couldn’t to it all the time and the running stopped after the second dose. It took about 2-3 months to get my energy back and I’m still working on it as I have the lack of sleep issue to deal with too. Be kind to yourself and listen to your body xo
  • kmakm
    That looks like a slice of heaven @fancy! Where is it? K xox
  • j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    Looks so peaceful and calm @fancy. :)