On Our Walks

kmakm
kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
edited October 2019 in Day to day
A while back there was a lovely thread of sunrises that the early risers among us posted. I loved it, so I thought I'd broaden it to a thread for all the lovely sights we see as we do our slow staggers through chemo, or those walks we take after active treatment has finished and we're trying to get our strength and fitness back.

In Melbourne today the weather was sunny, still and mild; perfect for a walk. I have followed my GP to a small town in the Yarra Valley (a good GP is worth the 30 minute drive I reckon), and right outside her surgery is the start of a beautifully laid out walking track. It's 7kms long and I've been keen to explore it. So today I walked halfway along it and back. At over 7kms it was the longest walk I've done since the day before chemo!

Tagged:

Comments

• Fletch
    Fletch Member Posts: 102
    How glorious! Xxx
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Makes me wish I was there. Looks beautiful.
  • kmakm
    @Fletch I didn't expect it to be but it truly was!

@LMK74 Wish you were, would have been nice to have a walking companion!
  • j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    edited September 2018
    @kmakm that looks beautiful! I'd drive that distance just for the walk, never mind the GP!
  • j9k
    For some reason the photo didn't come through
  • j9k
    edited September 2018
    A recent walk at Yamba. Should have been with previous post. I'll say technical issues, but more likely operator at fault.
  • j9k
    edited September 2018
    :D I give up!
  • kmakm
    @j9k No! I want to see!

Click the photo icon.
    Click choose files.
    Click files.
    Then your photos should come up. You can change which album you choose from in the hamburger menu on the top left.

Try again!!

And yes, I reckon that walk is worth the drive. It's on a quiet country road which certainly didn't have much traffic yesterday. Very peaceful. I passed one other person walking, one cyclist and one horse and rider.
  • fancy
    fancy Member Posts: 8
    So beautiful!  I love to walk at the beach - the vastness  and timelessness of nature is extraordinary :) .
  • kmakm
    Absolutely @fancy. Next time you do, post a pic!
  • j9k
    Success @kmakm! Tried about 5 times yesterday. Total tech fail = useless operator. Mustn't have been holding my tongue right.  :D
  • kmakm
    @j9k Gorgeous! Look at those blues, the ocean is a sapphire colour. Beautiful.