Triple Negative

Options
1234568»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,602
    Options
    Good to have a date booked in @Shellshocked2018_ ... yes, the waiting ins the pits!  :(    The High & Low Mood swings are  a bit of a pain - and totally normal!  Good that they are not continual.  ;)

Yep, keep busy doing what you love doing!!  Have you got a little pillow yet, to help support your surgery side post op?  I had one left from precious shoulder surgery - it will become your best friend for getting some sleep!  ;)   Your Breast Care Nurse may be able to get one for you.

A few bits for your hospital visit ..... a front opening nightie (beats lifting everything over your head every time someone wants to look at it! ;)  )  And ear plugs and an eye mask (hospitals are incredibly noisy and bright places!)  Some puzzles or short stories/magazines (now is not the time to start reading War & Peace!)   Some treats (nibbles or lollies - some even take their preferred TBags/Coffee in!)  

And heaps of really NEAT tips here:
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/2959/things-to-pack-and-do-for-hospital-stays

Take care, all the best xxxx
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Options
    At this stage will only be in overnight. Will pack a few extra things just in case I’m in there longer. 
    Will speak with breast nurse regarding pillow 
    😀
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Just enough time to sort out all of your Christmas and post-Christmas stuff so that you can take it easy when the time comes.
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Christmas will be all sorted next week, final shop for nieces and nephews.
    😀
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Two sleeps until surgery but who is counting.
    Looking forward to having this tumour removed for Christmas.
    Feeling overwhelmed today just the normal ups and downs that go with BC.
    Doing some research into head wear for when I have chemo, any recommendations?
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,378
    Options
    Best of luck, it will be good to have that part of the business over and done with. Headgear often chooses you, it's what feels most comfortable and 'right' for the individual. And it may not be what you thought. I was going for hats - not something I usually wore but I didn't fancy scarves. Being short and losing the bit of height my hairstyle gave, I thought hats would be a better choice. Bought quite a few. Trying a wig was a complete afterthought, suggested by an oncology nurse for when I might want to dress up a bit. Bought two. Wore them all the time, straw hats very occasionally! With scarves tied underneath. A colleague just did the shaved head - I think it helped that she was young, tall and slim, she looked fantastic!! Many treatment centres have wig and scarf libraries so you can try out what appeals. Chemo
    doesn't score highly on the fun level but you can try out some new looks while you go through it - there is a thread on the website with some great scarf ideas too. Best wishes.
  • Sister
    Options
    @Shellshocked2018_ The volunteers at the RAH have a wig library.  Definitely look at this option before going out and buying a wig as you may find that you hardly wear it.  They charge $25 for as long as you need it + 1 right of exchange.  I found that I wore a wig only when I wanted to fly under the radar.  At home, I went bald or beanied, depending on how cold I was (it was winter).  If you wear straw hats you'll probably want some sort of cap or scarf underneath.  Other than that, I mostly wore scarves either pirate style, or in a turban.  Lots of beautiful scarves to be found in Op Shops and I had some lovely friends who gave me beanies and scarves.  I can't remember the name of the post that @afraser mentioned but I think it was probably around April???  You'll find ideas on YouTube as well.
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Thanks thanks sister, there is a wig library at Victor Harbor that I can have access to, was just looking at head scarves, just for when grandchildren come around 😀
    Have been looking on eBay 
  • arpie
    Options
    All the best @Shellshocked2018_  - we'll be thinking of you xxx

• Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Thank you everyone.
    😘
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Home from hospital after surgery.
    Tumour and two lymph nodes removed, feeling blessed to have this removed before Christmas, best present ever.
    Time to heal the body and take care of myself.
    Results hopefully in next week or two, one day at a time.
    Really enjoying today 😀
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    I am glad you have had your surgery before Christmas. Now if you can relax and enjoy your Christmas knowing that it’s out
    hugs
    Paula xxx
  • Sister
    Options
    It's a good feeling to know that it's done - now you can get spoiled over Christmas.
  • arpie
    Options
    Rest up, allow yourself to be royally spoiled over Xmas/New Year ..... all the best for your results xxxx
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Thanks everyone, yes taking things easy.
    Looking forward to Christmas with the family