Triple Negative

Options

Comments

• Kellee
    Kellee Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Not having a good day today. Spent the morning in hospital on a drip because I was dehydrated. On penicillin for a very sore throat and a UT infection. Can’t get off the toilet (bowel medicine from the hospital). Struggling with drinking water I feel like all my anxieties are uncontainable, having yet another cannula today didn’t help at all. I’m constantly fighting panic attacks, it’s like reality has just hit me at full force and I don’t want to do it. This is only my first week of treatment, please tell me it’s not always like this, it really hurts my throat to cry.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Oh @Kellee, I'm sorry you're feeling so rough, and having such a rough time. I think that reality hit comes in waves, at least it did for me. I was lucky and had it fairly easy through treatment. I will second @Sister and suggest you push for a port. Have a good talk to your oncologist, sooner rather than later, and tell him/her how the cannulas make you feel - physically & emotionally. Tell them about the panic attacks. Your body, your right to choose.
    Thinking of you 
    Take care
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @Kellee. Check out the portacath option if you’re going to get too anxious and it’s painful. Your itchy scalp could be your eczema but it could be due to your hair getting ready to fall out mine started shedding after dose 2 but was itchy and annoying after dose 1. Like @kmakm once I shaved it it was a lot better. I’d get the rash checked could be from your eczema, the chemo or an allergy perhaps .?  How you feeling ?  Big hug Margie 😊
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m a new member to this exclusive club , triple negative, diagnosed late October 2018. Visited surgeon last Thursday, booked in for partial mastectomy December 19th
    Pathology results said none in lymph nodes, but who really knows until surgery....
    Treatment at present will be Surgery, Chemo then Radiotherapy.
    Having bone scan and CT scan Monday and going back for results the following week.
    Im so anxious not being able to sleep, nauseous. Cold and shaking a real bad case of anxiety.
    This waiting is so shit.
    Any advice is welcome
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Shellshocked2018_ sending you a private message

• Jen79x
    Jen79x Member Posts: 125
    Options
    @Shellshocked2018_ please don’t worry ! Tnbc has a bad name - don’t google it. Witt today’s treatments most of us are cured so think positive and you will get through it !

i was diagnosed sept 17 I had ac by 4 taxol and carboplatin by 12, 6 weeks radiation, double mastectomy diep reconstruction and I’m now 1/2 wat through xeloda 

tough ride but we can do this !
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Thanks Jen79x, just came back from hospital after bone scan and CT scan. Booked into see surgeon next Monday for results. The anxiety with waiting for results ☹️
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Scanxiety is the absolute pits @Shellshocked2018_. Do your utmost to keep yourself distracted this week, get some sleeping pills ftom the doctor if you need to, and do all the anti-stress things that work for you. Big hug, K xox
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Thanks K, yes visiting GP tomorrow to get something to help me as I need to get some good sleep to be able to cope with everything. Xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited November 2018
    Options
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hope all goes well @Shellshocked2018_ Waiting is so hard.
  • alibrien
    alibrien Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello Shellshocked2018. You will have your results by now. My advice is keep a diary of your symptoms. Change your diet the first day you start Chemo. The white bland diet is recommended. No cereals or grains, white bread only, no fruit, no tomatoes and no greens. Be vigilant with your new diet and rest up, take it easy. Only do what you feel like when you feel up to it. Hang in there. You will feel better one day.
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Scans all clear, Surgery booked for December 19th, partial mascectomy.
    Feeling better knowing that by Christmas this cancer will be cut out. 
    Next waiting game will be results from surgery to see if I have clear margins and if any lymph nodes were affected.
    This waiting really sucks.
    Once we have all the facts, I will have a plan of attack of how much and what type of chemo, and how much radiotherapy I will need.
    I have the fight in me ,just want it all to start .

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    ah @Shellshocked2018_
    You are now in fight mode that is a good place to be ...... 
    really get into your mediation now while you awaiting the next stage of treatments, it will be beneficial for you as you go through treatments. 

• Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Thanks so much Soldiercrab, you have inspired me in so many ways, so thank you.
    Yes I’m in fight mode now, still have times were it hits me again, but definitely more in fight mode.
    Able to talk more about everything without breaking down which is good.
    Staying Positive and  keeping busy is the key.
    11 days but who is counting ! 😘