Triple Negative

Options

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @Kellee qyou have been on my mind since reading your post the other day. So happy for you. Doing a dance with you. Paula xxxxx
  • Mantis
    Mantis Member Posts: 61
    Options
    @onemargie do you know if there is any info on where recurrences are most likely with TBNC?  Eg are recurrences more likely in the breast than the lung / bones, etc?  I'd like some info but don't want to go down the Dr Google route.
  • mum2jj
    Options
    @Mantis, I had a recurrence in the same breast. About 2cm away from lumpectomy scar. A bit of a shock after just finishing radiation 6 months before and chemo before that. However that was 7 1/2 years ago and all good now 😀 
    you are right not to go to Dr Google. 
    If you really want reputable information, ask your oncologist and they will refer you to reputable sites. I never googled, I just took each day as it came and when my awful recurrence occurred, I just dealt with it then. We can worry ourselves crazy about what may be, but it also may never be. 
    Hugs

paula  xx
  • Mantis
    Options
    Thanks @mum2jj <3
  • Kellee
    Kellee Member Posts: 73
    Options
    First day of treatment tomorrow. If all goes to plan I’ll have my last treatment January 7th 2019....followed by radiation. I still can’t believe this is happening. It’s hard to grasp that I have to make myself sick to get better....
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Good luck @Kellee. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Bizarre as it is it will soon be routine. Take some deep breaths and keep your eyes on the prize. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Good luck today, @kellee.
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Thinking of you today @Kellee. Hope it all goes smoothly for you 
  • Mantis
    Options
    Good luck @Kellee xx

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    Good Luck with it @Kellee xox

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @Mantis I agree totally with @mum2jj. And @Kellee. How did you go today ? Xx 
  • Kellee
    Options
    Thanks everyone, the day went faster than I thought. I was pretty brave, only cried once at the hospital (and once at home). I blame that on the social worker cause she asked if I was okay right after the bald lady walked in the room 😂
    i laughed at my mums face when the nurse asked if she would be able to give me an injection 24 hours after chemo. I rang my local GP and he’s doing it. 
    I feel quite sinusy at the moment, is that chemo or just because I’ve been crying? It’s like your sitting there waiting for something to happen.
    The cannula did give me some pain, it happens every time I have one inserted, worse when the flow was increased. The nurse kept a very close eye on it and was confident it was properly inserted. I think it just me. By the end I had a slight red mark and the cannula hurt when it was being removed. Any tips or suggestion would be appreciated, all my life my experiences with cannula have been painful. The pain is bearable it just makes me anxious. You can see the redness in this photo, it was a lot fainter when the cannula was taken out. And gone by the time I got home.
  • mum2jj
    Options

you are doing really well, it's ok to cry.  my tip is to get a port inserted.  I did chemo twice due to my recurrence.  I didn't get the port the first time as it freaked  me out too much, as a result my veins are trashed.  I got a Port the second time (it is a small device placed under the skin in your chest during a minor procedure under a light sedation). Chemo second time around was a dream. My sinuses always felt weird after chemo. I hope you don't get too many side effects.

Hugs

Paula xxx

• Kellee
    Options
    Sorry if I come across as a complainer but since my chemo yesterday I’ve noticed today that my boob in which I had surgery is starting to get more sore, it has never completely healed but it was getting better. I went to have a shower tonight and noticed my boob was red in patches. I called the hospital and they told me to keep an eye on my temperature, which is normal. If I’m overly concerned I could go to emergency. Hospital is 40 minutes away. Has anyone experienced this. Do you think it’s okay to wait until morning? I know emergency will be quite busy.
  • Mantis
    Options
    I didn't see this yesterday @Kellee.  How are you today?  Don't think for a moment that you're a complainer!  This is all new and unfamiliar.