Fine needle biopsy suggested 3 years past original treatment mascetomy side

Options
2»

Comments

• PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    @Alsopt I've just finished 12 months of treatment, chemo then ops then rads.
    I've been told that for at least the next 2 years there's no further treatment they can give me.
    I'm full of chemicals and radiation, had no clear nodes anywhere, stage IIIC and was declared clear of cancer 2 months ago. I've been prescribed Arimidex but have no tests for 2 years. It will then be 3 years since diagnosis.
    Just like yourself.
    I read your posts from 2 years ago. I feel like that now. Did your energy come back in that 2 year period?
    Or will I forever feel like 100.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @melclarity Not wanting to usurp @Alsopt s thread but I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad. Thinking of you.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @melclarity so sorry to read about your dads passing .
    Please accept my condolences.
    Sending hugs xx<3
  • TassieGrandma
    TassieGrandma Member Posts: 11
    Options
    @Alsopt, thinking of you and please keep in touch. @melclarity, so very sorry about your Dad, sending hugs your way.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Alsopt Hi!  Just catching up on some posts - nice to see you back on here again and sorry it is because you're in freak out mode!  Can't offer much more except to say I hope it is manageable cysts.  Sending positive vibes
    Take care and hopefully you'll have some news to share soon

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @melclarity
    Sorry to read your news above.  Take care and take time to grieve.  
    It's never easy
    Sending you a virtual hug x
  • Alsopt
    Alsopt Member Posts: 225
    Options
    I'm so sorry melclarity please take time for you and family xxx 
  • Alsopt
    Alsopt Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Hi PatsyN gee you've had a run of it also.  I think my energy has improved a little.  I get through to lunch now then lay down until 4pm. Can't do much of a night I believe it can take a long time especially after so many treatments hugs.  I've decided to have a rest day today drained from the stress of biopsy and sore - boring xx 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I hope things turn out OK for you @alsopt I had a recurrence after ten years so totally understand the feeling of dread mixed with resignation that accompanies that round of tests. Look, it is possible they will request a core biopsy as well, particularly given your history. Given it's been suggested, I probably wouldn't rest until it happened anyway--my brain would be in overdrive. The whole thing sucks, that is for sure. Good luck. marg xx
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    @Alsopt  sending you positive thoughts. Sending you virtual hugs and hope all ok and a false alarm xxxx

@melclarity so sorry to hear about your Dad. Such a difficult time for you. Sending you virtual hugs my dear. Xxxx

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Alsopt

Welcome back to the online community.  You will find many generous members sharing and supporting each other here. Sorry to hear that you have had to go through the experience of another core biopsy.  Its such a nerve wracking time waiting for results.  Do what helps you to manage some of the worry and or anxiety over the next few days and look after yourself. 
    Dont hesitate to call our helpline on 1800 500 258 if you would like to speak with one of our cancer nurses.  Fingers crossed that its a good result!

I have attached the following link that will help you with navigating the online community.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @melclarity sending you a private message

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Hi @Alsopt, just checking in. Have got your results yet? Thinking of you  <3