Friday Funnies

Options

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    Ah, I suspect that many of us had parents who conformed publicly to the male ‘head of the family’ norm but had a rather different arrangement in private. Possibly to the general good. But generalisations are always a worry - I am not sure if we would like to see such generalisations about wives!! 
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Options
    My Big Fat Greek Wedding Quotes "Let me tell you something Toula; the man is the head, but the woman is the neck and she can turn the head any way she wants."

Probably is the case in some marriages ?
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,537
    Options
    @Keeping_positive1 I love that movie!! One of my faves 👌🏻😊. I also love that line!! 

@Afraser Unfortunately in our household, he was still the ‘boss’ even in private. I always hated that. It’s just as they got older that he started being very needy, and my mum the opposite. They reversed their roles. 
    But I wouldn’t generalise and say most wives feel like that. I really think it depends on the couple and their marriage individually. However, in my country, it was the norm unfortunately. 

@arpie 🤣🤣🤣
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    The Lighter Side Of The Cloud - Virtual Office Space  Work humor  Technology humor Humor
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    Well done @Romla, that’s worthy of a Christmas cracker!! 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    LOL. This would be me just now - it is SO LONG since I've swung a golf club!

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Happy Christmas @Afraser - hope these two bring a chuckle

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    I think it is funny tho, @AllyJay. ;) That’s What counts!  LOL