Your day in three songs.

Options

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    @Afraser I used to travel overseas extensively preMM &C .MDH on the other hand has been always been keen on cars and currently at 65 had more cars than birthdays I believe. Unfortunately as we are both in retirement with teenagers funds are less available than in our carefree youth so may need to be a either/ or . Still Port Elliot SA is magical in summer although somewhat wistful when a friend at exercise class talked about her recent travel on the Three Queens.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Our cars get driven until they literally cark out on the roadside. Which is not ideal! I love travelling but have become aware that it may not always be possible. When and if I stop work, finance will be tighter. Also ageing persons have to consider practical issues. Climbing, really high altitudes and very high temperatures are not really on any more. I loved Lisbon but my neuropathic feet and steep slippery streets aren’t a perfect match. Happily there are still lots of places out there! Hence the planning .......
  • Romla
    Options
    Cruising seems pretty big these days - another friend sailed right around South America.

Agreed travel needs to be modified eg slower and less spontaneous than when younger . It probably also need more caution as times are less stable.

I first saw Lisbon at 14  and never forgot the Castle of St George - to this day I swear I could hear the ghosts of prisoners past and the monument to the discoveries(?) such a beautiful sight sailing into Lisbon
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I remember travelling through the Kimberleys (in a tent) and staying at one of the caravan parks in Broome.  My husband (then boyfriend) had hurt his back and so spent a couple of days flat out.  A "blue rinse" tour pulled in and did they have a good time? You betcha!  Loud as, last to bed and first to rise!  I thought then, that's what I'll have to do when I get to decrepit to manage myself - didn't think it would come up so fast.  Another inspiration is a well-known Adelaide librarian, now retired, who heads out bush in her 4wd, swag, and some bottles of red, and just camps by herself.
  • Romla
    Options
    A fellow volunteer I know who is well into her 70s and widowed for some years has family in Queensland and each year drives herself up to visit them in a big 4WD free camping on the way. Kathy is a little quiet gentle woman but says matter of factly that no one else is going to drive her up there and literally seems surprised that we are all astounded by her annual trip.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    This morning only needs one song.

FFFFFFrrrrosy the snowman.  Brrrr
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Today:

I will survive by Gloria Gaynor
    It's all over now, baby blue by Graham Bonnet
    Since you've been gone by Kelly Clarkson

Feeling like crap on Day 2 of last chemo but shaking my first at it!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Sister And also your fist? Money maker?!  ;):p
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    You're History, Shakespeare's Sister 
    Miss Independent,  Kelly Clarkson
    Orinico Flow, Enya
    An odd selection which includes two brain worms imbedded via community radio. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Sister Your groove thing?! Your tail feather?!
  • Afraser
    Options
    Glad someone else still likes that Enya song!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ah, @Afraser and @Joannie , was Enya the unsolicited choice, or the brain worm? I do think that the instrumentals on that song, with a little bit of sail away chorus, would have done the trick. Don't Google the lyrics :)
  • Afraser
    Options
    Definitely a brain worm. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.