Good choices @tigerbeth

I got bills ........     Lunch money Lewis

She works hard for the money....Donna Summer

Nothing ever happens..........Del Amitri

Pretty much sums up my day at work LOL

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    My son was reading his 80s playlist on Spotify (pre-selected) yesterday while my husband and I tried to guess the artists.  The long-term memory must be working okay as I got more than I expected.  I'm just not sure what's going on - first John Denver, now this?  However, I've told him that a lot of those songs can be found in my vinyl collection if he has the inclination (I suspect not) but regardless, it's re-opened a whole lot of music that I had forgotten about!
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Has a great day 4wd ing with the family yesterday.

Driving my Life Away..........Rhett Atkins

Life is a HIghway ............Tom Cochrane

No reins on me............LRB

I love the 80's music @Sister.

• Sister
    Options
    You've inspired me with a couple of other road sings...
    2-4-6-8 Motorway by Tom Robinson

Ol '55 by Tom Waits

and there was a great one around 2000 called Road Rage but I've never been able to find it ( there is another by the same name) - this one is about someone getting aggro with the wrong person!
  • Sister
    Options
    Aaahh - just found it! Macka B
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Bloody awesome @tigerbeth the rads awe finished. This week I had the following on in the car

sweet emotion - aerosmith
    call me - blondie
    animal - def Leppard.

Volume always cranked full blast so the focus Shakes to the core and sung like no one is listening lol. 

Margie xx
  • Stork
    Stork Member Posts: 121
    Options
    My songs
    Solitary Man Neil Diamond
    Stair Way to Heaven Led Zeppelin 
    I will survive Gloria Gaynor
    My favourite artists are
    Neil Diamond and Lorena McKennett
    When I was having treatment I listen to the music on my I Phone it kept me sane
    Kathy
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Well as the old fella has bought his toy -- a red convertible - am trapped into road music being Elvis but will be adding some Doobie brothers to the repertoire for my sanity! 
  • Romla
    Options
    PS It’s a 9 year old Volvo but now red convertible is ticked off his bucket list. Strange people fellas.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Mine is dithering about buying an Alfa Romeo (modestly priced version). I am trying to find a tactful way of saying if he puts it off much longer, he’ll have more limited time enjoying it (one way or another). I’ve given up saying something is “indulgent” or “keeping it for best”. Time for that when you are young and saving for your future. I’m not so young and time counts!
  • Romla
    Options
    I agree @Afraser except I’d rather have a holiday than another car
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Romla Me too!
  • Afraser
    Options
    Wasn't imagining it as an either/or! Came back from holiday 6 weeks ago and working on the next one! I tend to finance the holidays so he can finance the car, seems fair as I don't drive. 
  • Afraser
    Options
    Should add that it also won't be another car. Our 20 year old small sedan is failing.....