No compassion from telecoms provider

Options
13»

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    @PatsyN wish I’d kept the photos I bombarded them with but I think your sister might have success thru the TIO like we did for the same reasons. It was tricky when Telstra/NBN split establishing who was responsible and understand we were the first intervention of this kind TIO had tackled but step one must be to try ( and keep good records even of phone conversations) through your provider first then TIO might take it up like they did with us. Take heaps of photos of shoddy wiring too and forward it as evidence.
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    @iserbrown I keyed in my address and it says I'm connected FTTN (fibre to the node). What fibre? No one has been here to lay cables in over 20 years. I said this to them already and they said that there were little Green Boxes (I kid you not) that were scattered around Suffolk Park. I'm still looking for one.
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    @Romla - I've talked her into moving up here - haven't told her about the internet problem, lol.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Our phone cable was in a roll on top of the grass verge across the road for years.  Everytime the phone went out, we'd contact Telstra and they would make us go through a lot of rigmarole before they'd log the job, and everytime it would be because something had gone through that cable - car, kangaroo, council slasher, fire.  Even the local techie officially requested it to be buried (after he had to pick a decomposing kangaroo off it).  It took years before someone finally recognised that it cost more to send someone out to fix it each time, than it did to just fix it properly.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Sister Amazing how hard joined-up thinking and common sense can be for some peope, isn't it?
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Our experience led us to believe it’s not about logic just $.
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    Options
    From what I hear of the NBN in this big regional city I, like iserbrown, am glad my home is in the old area.  I have good old snail pace access and understand it is faster than the new-beaut lines in the new homes or for those who chose to swap quickly on the promises.  Always contact the provider first, then no quick result contact the TIO (often the threat alone works as it costs the company a lot if the TIO gets involved).  Anne