Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Word sista!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Our area is serviced by ADSL. Recently had a letter inviting us to a session on NBN. Checked our address against NBN availability; we are not on the radar. An article on our area has suggested 10 years away. Yay perhaps most of the problems will be sorted by then.

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @iserbrown . Ridiculous that you should have to wait 10 years. @kmakm Snap!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    No I'm happy with that. As it currently isn't broken so it doesn't need fixing 
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @iserbrown Glad you feel well-served.  :)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Ha! We'll never be on the NBN list - we're barely on the electricity grid and properties not too far from us, aren't.  We live about 35 km from the CBD.
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Because I have a national park that extends south just across the road from me, the internet/phone connections stop right there! No point for them to extend broadband into an Aboriginal area. Everyone who has no landline must walk to the middle of the street. It's a common sight in our street which has virtually no traffic except for those who live here. On nice sunny warm days the connection is always fantastic but on cold and windy days like this, it's always back to the middle of the road. I hope no one calls me, lol.
  • PatsyN
    edited June 2018
    Options

Sister said:

Ha! We'll never be on the NBN list - we're barely on the electricity grid and properties not too far from us, aren't.  We live about 35 km from the CBD.

It's amazing isn't it. They talk of Australia's vast areas to cover but blame everything on 'black spots'. My sister is 10 minutes out of Murwillumbah but cannot get wifi, ever it seems, lol.
    There's heaps of music festivals around here as well and the system goes chaotic during these times. There's always some kind of excuse but nothing represented in your bill.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I still can't get it through to people that the mobile line is dodgy so use the landline number.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    We live 20 minutes from th cbd - our previous cabling was strung from tree limb to limb and around small shrubs .I kicked blue murder TIO /Telstra/ NBN threatening public liability claim if we had a fall in our garden . We had had 20 plus years of poor landline/internet service esp when it rained because of crappy wiring so when a 100 year old tree fell and the new wiring was as above I spent months harassing and it got fixed much to ours and many others surprise.
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    Local federal MP any help?
  • PatsyN
    Options
    @Romla My sister lives in the Hawkesbury River area and all the cables run from ground to tree with heaps of spare cable lying there in the bush all rounded up like huge hoses waiting for who knows what? This is Wiseman's Ferry Road, a major arterial road heading north west out of Sydney via the Hawkesbury River. I don't think anyone wanted poles but why all the excess cable is anyone's guess.
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    My daughter and family live in the Lower Blue Mountains west of Sydney and their internet is disgusting. They don't have a timeline yet for NBN. 
  • PatsyN
    Options
    @Flaneuse - You've gotta laugh...