Why are we in hiding?

Options
124»

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Sister I looked at that photo and immediately googled Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl. The song may be a bit before your time, and the lyrics not relevant to, well, anything, but it made me smile anyway. Marg xxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    My daughter (the one with brown eyes) and I used to have that as our theme song when she was younger and happy to be a dag with her Mum.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Finch I edged my garden bed in my 20s. However my reconstruction has moved the border north so to speak! New edges have to be established...  :p
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    I walked around bald all the time but wore a beanie at night to keep me warm during chemo. I wanted everyone to know I had cancer and that I was not a drunk or drug addict such was the way I walked. I've showed my new one titted body to quite a few people and all agree that it's barely noticeable, naked or clothed. Although I would like reconstruction, I may not be a candidate, in which case I'll get a pretty tattoo. It's not a major concern for me and like @Zoffiel, have found that men don't care. I never had tits anyway. I've been single for over 20 years and my tits have never been one of my features. I just hope that Arimidex doesn't do to me what they said menopause would (so far, so good...)
  • kmakm
    Options
    I mostly wore the little close fitting caps rather than go bald. I liked how I looked bald but I hated the stares. Still got stares in the hats but less so. Now with a bit of regrowth I'm going without the hats a bit. It's possible that I've deluded myself into thinking I look edgy and cool... However it's mostly too cold to go without a hat now. Can't win!
  • PatsyN
    Options
    There are heaps of people around here bald, men and women, I didn't feel any more stared at than usual. We're outnumbered by tourists all year and locals all know one another. I kept giving myself a number one for a few months after it started to grow back. It would grow thicker and a better colour every time. 2 weeks ago I went to the hairdresser with such short hair (maybe equivalent to a number 4) thinking she might send me away. I got it dyed 2 shades darker so am a brunette for the first time in my life.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @PatsyN And how are you finding it?!
  • PatsyN
    edited May 2018
    Options
    CONTENT WARNING

@kmakm
    I'm trying to make my new one titted brunette look sexy. It's early days but my confidence is riding high. Being on the edge of death is quite liberating. If I'm not suitable for recon then I'll get a tattoo of a gelato cone (just kiddin). I hope the following photos are not gratuitous but I'm not in hiding.
    You're a powerhouse and I bet I cried more than you did. xoxo
     An impulsive moment in my bedroom, jodhpurs and boots still on.
    5 kids and nearly 64. That left tit was breastfeeding till I was 47yrs old.
  • kmakm
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @PatsyN You look amazing! So good, and so strong. Look at that 'tude! And you are rocking the brunette look baby, fo sho! Gorgeous. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @PatsyN You look great! Nor should you be in hiding!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @PatsyN. U are an inspiration and look amazing. U go girl. xoxoxo