Aaawwww, shucks....
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Beautifully put @Jane_Elizabeth.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Was pleased to see a young bloke who is a casual with my sons had had  the shave -  explained it would mean a lot to those who had chemo.
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    I think it all boils down to whatever gives you the confidence and comfort to walk out the front door.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Here's a link to a blog I check out from time to time, along the lines of this thread

https://uzmamd.com/2018/05/15/you-are-beautiful/
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    Hi Eastmum, I agree with everything you’ve said.And here’s the thing,there’s no predicting how you are going to feel/react along the way of this crap bc journey.
    Sometimes you’ll surprise yourself and be so stoic and other times, have a meltdown over a minor thing
    I hated losing my hair and there was no way I’d rock bald! It’s got nothing to do with vanity or bravery. You just do what feels right for you. 
  • Romla
    Options
    Agreed - do what is right for you - on a practical level  is darned cold down south atm and no way would I be going bald atm in public or private. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Oh @Romla you are so right. My hair is half a centimetre long and I have my chemo hats on pretty much all the time except when I'm having a hot flush! Brrrr. If the weather was warm I'd be rocking my Sinead but as you say, no way!
  • Romla
    Options
    What a great face!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Eastmum. The not wanting everyone to know is also my reason for doing the cold cap, and either wearing my baseball cap or wig. I have told everyone that needs to know and don’t want pitying looks or inappropriate questions from strangers. Like u I still feel brave and strong and that is just because of what I have been and continue to go through. xo

@Sister u look beautiful 
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    @Sister you rock ! I look just like you but without the eyebrows. I have a fabulous Brazillian , I don't even like Brazillians, I prefer a tidy whipper-sniper edged lady garden but have had  to give it a go.  I just hope my permanent laser trimmed edge grows back just the same as before, it cost enough back in 2001

i couldn't care less about being bald , but is that because I expect it'll grow back so I'm fairly relaxed about it? I'm unsure . I'm only wearing a cap because it's cold in Victoria. I wear my Wee Willy Winkie cap to bed because it's warm.

i detest my wig .... apparently it looks nice , but I don't feel like it's me. I feel self conscious , like I'm trying to hide something.  Whereas my cap and scarf tell it like it is and I don't care. I wear my wig if I'm going for dinner or out somewhere special. 

We we are all the same but different .... whichever path we choose to do with our treatment is the righ thing.