Here Goes

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Good to hear TabooGal, and what a cutie! Adorable. What does he call you? K xox
  • TabooGal
    TabooGal Member Posts: 146
    Options
    @kmakm I'm known as Nanna Jen. He's not talking yet but when he starts I am sure we won't be able to shut him up. I can't keep my eyes off him when he's around. He lights up my life.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Gorgeous  <3
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    @TabooGal he’s absolutely gorgeous! I’m not surprised he lights up your life! 

That flu shot reaction should wear off really soon - definitely shouldn’t last longer than the weekend. 

Do you need to do anything else related to your treatment before you start chemo on 3 July? 

Emjoy the rest of your Melbourne visit. 

Xxxxx
  • kmakm
    Options
    Divine weather in Melbourne today! Enjoy it TabooGal!

• TabooGal
    Options
    @eastmum I am getting a port fitted on the 25th. It's being done with with a local at the imaging department so I am thinking it will be an arm on. I did the big chemist shop after reading everyone's posts. 
    Something to help me poo
    Something to stop the poos
    Gaviscon
    Baby wipe
    Mouthwash
    Baby tooth brush
    Thermometer 
    Crikey I cant remember what else
    Need to still stick up on probiotics, zooper soopers for mouth sores and a few other things. Having fun on ebay ordering head scarfs. Gonna rock this smooth noggin. 
    Can you think of anything else I might need?

• TabooGal
    Options
    @kmakm it is spectacular here today! 
  • kmakm
    edited June 2018
    Options
    What are you up to? We're planning on hustling everyone out for a walk round the local lake after family lunch. The kids will complain but I will brook no excuses!
  • Eastmum
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Sounds like you’ve pretty much got the main items ready! 

You’ll work out really quickly what you’ll need to make you feel most comfortable. I crave oranges and strawberries believe it or not! At first I was guzzling way too much orange juice - so much sugar! So I swapped to oranges so at least I’m getting the fiber value and ultimately I’m ingesting  less fruit overall. 

I also crave salt - so vegemite toast really hits the spot for me. 

The challenge for me during chemo is keeping my liquids up. I was a 2-litre a day water baby before chemo and now I can’t drink plain water because it tastes so weird. I need to have some sort of flavor - I think I’ll try some sugar-free cordial otherwise tea helps - especially with a bit of Manuka honey it it. 

You might not end up constipated or with the runs - I haven’t had either. 

Maybe keep some panadol and/or nurofen handy for aches and pains. 

Sounds like you’re doing really well and getting well prepared. 

Xxxxxxx
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @Eastmum sugar free cordial! I am a big water drinker too. Thanks. I will stock up on painkillers too. I hear Biotin supplement is great for hair and nail support. 
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @kmakm No real plans. Maybe sit out in the sun and maybe go out for dinner tonight. Going to head home tomorrow so I can have a rest day before work on Wednesday. Have a great day. Xxx
  • Eastmum
    Options
    Just double check with your oncologist before you make a major investment in supplements etc - every doctor is different and many of them don’t allow you to take certain supplements alongside chemo. For example, mine doesn’t allow vitamin C but he’s happy for me to take a pro-biotic. 

Xxx
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @Eastmum yes my OC said no to vitamin c too. She said yes to calcium and vitamins D, and probiotics. Good idea about waiting. They are bloody expensive. 
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @kmakm Took the lead from you and we went for a lovely stroll in the sun around a little pond/lake in South Morang. Thanks for the inspiration xxx
  • kmakm
    Options
     :*