Here Goes

Options

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Eastmum I can’t stomach biotene either since from the second cycle. The other stuff isn’t too bad but I was probably getting abit put off that too. 
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    hahahaha thanks @TabooGal - everytime someone texts me to ask me how I'm going with the treatment, I send them that photo - it's hilarious waiting for them to respond - you can almost 'hear' some people wondering what to reply :smiley:
  • TabooGal
    TabooGal Member Posts: 146
    Options
    @kezmusc Got some to spare for me?  :p
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    That’s mighty impressive @kezmusc and good on you for changing doctors! Feel free to rant away! You proved them wrong - so glad it worked for you :) xx
  • TabooGal
    Options

So over appointments already yet the game hasn't even started yet.

10:30am. Radiology to have some nuclear stuff put in my veins for bone scan later

12:00pm. Surgeon. Removed 325mls of fluid from where he removed the tumour.

1:45pm. Back to Radiology for bone scan.

Then tomorrow.

8:40am. GP for Flu shot and Zyban (to give up smoking)

10:30am. Radiology for a couple of hours for heart scan.

Ran into my BCN twice today. Onc wanted to know if I was wanting a port put in. YES Please. I have dodgy veins soo the port will make it easier for everyone.

Message left on phone by Radiology to organise a time to have a SlimPort fitted. Will catch up with them when I am there tomorrow.

Friday I hope to fit in a full day of work! Long weekend. So off to Melbourne to visit the kids.

I know this is all going to become second nature but by damn why don't they have plenty of carparks at these hospitals?? Hospital is 15 minutes away but I have to leave an hour before just so I can have time to find a carpark.

sorry Rant over!

Hope everyone is going well. xxx

• Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @TabooGal u have been busy - no wonder u r over it. I hate hospital parking - it’s either slim pickings or ridiculously priced. Good luck for the rest of the week. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Utterly exhausting! Just reading it made me feel tired...

Happy to say Melbourne's weather isn't going to be too bad this weekend.

Good on you for giving up smoking! Are you just starting now or is it an ongoing effort? K xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,600
    Options
    OMG  @TabooGal      -    that seems an exhausting regime of days ...... I really feel for you.  

I hope your next round of appointments goes 'well' ...... they seem to be either feast or famine!  20 over 10 days or NONE!  grrrrr

All the best to you xx  Good on you for giving up the smokes too ...... I did it 'cold turkey' 30 years ago .....

• Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @TabooGal smoking and I have had a love/hate relationship for a number of years. I now have a casual drinking relationship with the bloody things. 
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @arpie @Kiwi Angel Bloody smokes. I will give them up for years then something stressful will happen in my life and I light up. I honestly cant afford them and I hate that I am addicted but I always find Zyban great to help give up. Takes away all of the cravings and withdrawal symptoms. Although if someone offered me a doobie right now I wouldn't say no!  :p
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @TabooGal. I’m the same - I have used champix a few times and stop and then something happens and I start again. I generally only smoke now if I’m drinking and I must say I enjoy a cold beer and a ciggie. One of the worst things in the world to try and give up  :(
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel gotta enjoy some things in life with this journey xx
  • TabooGal
    Options
    Having a wonderful time in Melbs visiting my beautiful children and my Grandson. Nice to escape the big C for a day or two. Only problem is my body is hurting after the pre chemo flu shot I had on Thursday. I should have packed the WD40.  :p