What do you do (or did)?

Options

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    It’s interesting that the young don’t realise we were young once and enjoyed our lives.But guess I was the same about the previous generation.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Sister Liquid paper?!?!?!  :o:o:o  :D
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I don't think you want to know but if you really do I'll pm you!
  • kmakm
    Options
    I think I shall let my imagination work that one out...!  ;)
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    @Eastmum wrote
    Hey @BCNA admins - I'm wondering if this thread might light the spark for a professional networking community on this discussion board? Maybe a new private group where people can 'out' their real identities in a safe place if they want to, and list their professional qualifications and/or skill sets if they're happy to offer their services in any way to other members? If for example I need a small job done by a graphic designer, I'd love to know if there was someone here that might be interested in doing the job? I would love to give the work to a 'sister' or 'brother' on these forums. Just might be someone out there who would welcome the distraction, or someone who is actively looking for some work?  
    Hello @Eastmum
    Thank you for your post and what great idea.  I have spoken with Marianne regarding the professional networking community and discussion board idea, just wonder what other online community members think?  
  • Romla
    Options
    As people have the choice to opt in or not it seems ok.Only query I have is will access be limited to members of the blog as currently any member of the public can read the blog
  • kmakm
    Options
    I feel the same as @Romla on both those issues. I think it should be only available to members of this site. So maybe a private group. It's a lovely idea to support our community, especially as many have difficulties with work after diagnosis and treatment.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Sounds good to me!  Not sure what a librarian with half an active brain could contribute but you never know.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lmc1310
    Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Hello, I was a highschool teacher. Tried to go back after treatment and found I was just too tired. Retired in April. 
  • Romla
    Options
     This is a great thread - any  chance @traveltext @Matt @PeterB you might tell us a bit about yourselves ? It’s nice to know a bit about our fellow bloggees.Its ok however if not.
  • traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 253
    Options
    Thanks for The invite Romla. Here's a bit about me:

http://malebreastcancercoalition.org/Survivor Stories/rod-ritchie/