• Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    Thank you @Nadi xx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    Hendrix
    The 8 wk blood sugar is mediterranean style diet....

@Nadi wow you look awesome girl...
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Brilliant Kath! You look fabulous! Well done.

20kgs gone here (though I haven't weighed myself since the op two weeks ago... Tomorrow morning I'll do it). I'm about to launch into my effort to lose the next 10kg. Fingers crossed!
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Dear @Hendrix, thanks for your question about the anti inflammatory diet; and thanks for your answer @Nadi. I was wondering too! Very interesting.Best wishes to you both
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @primek
    You look fab and happy
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    You look great @primek
  • Hendrix
    Options
    Wow @primek you look fantastic xx
  • Hendrix
    Options
    @SoldierCrab I started the 8 week blood sugar diet this week...do you loose much the first week? I’m expectations are high :)
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    I lost 3.5kg first week... 2kg second week 

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    So many of the recipes (like most of these things) are fiddly - do you have some go to easy recipes @SoldierCrab or are you a kitchen junkie?
  • Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Options
    @primek Kath you look amazing!!! Well done! You must feel great.

@SoldierCrab Thanks! 3.5 for the first week sounds like a great result.

@kmakm congrats on losing 20 kg.  I wish I could shift the last 10 kgs. Now that I have my energy back I'll have a crack. Mind you, I say that as I lie here on Mother's Day eating glorious bacon and eggs! Good luck with your next big push.

Nadi
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @primek stunning xoxxo
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    @Sister
    I cook double batches of things, plus everyone is eating whatever is on my menu for dinner when they are home.... (never set in concrete as youngest is 21.....) we love skinny eggplant lasagna,  or bacon & beans on zucchini noodles. Now its getting cooler trying some of the soups in the book  "tomato,ham and red lentils" very tasty and gave us 8 serves over 3 nights..... I make egg muffins with no flour in muffin tins they freeze well... 

@Nadi
    see if your local library has recipe book for 8 week blood sugar diet.... loved all meals Ive made from it. 

@kmakm
    You need good nutrition while in recovery mode..... you can lose the rest that you want to once your body has recovered from this onslaught..

@Hendrix my weight loss slowed a bit after the first 6 weeks but I know I am not doing as much exercise as they suggest. But I will continue with this way of eating and will continue to find ways to increase my exercising....

My goal is to be the healthiest I can be in my situation.... weight loss is a by product of eating and exercising healthly.

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thanks @Nadi. I'm going to have baked beans (still trying to get the bowels back to normal after chemo & the op) but my special Mother's Day treat is freshly squeezed orange juice. Yum! Enjoy your bacon & eggs. Bacon, mmmmmm...

Don't worry @SoldierCrab, I always ensure I get good nutrition. I make sure there's a good mix of complex carbs (but not too many), protein, veg, low fat dairy nuts & fruit. I'm a good girl I yam! Congrats on your weight loss. Sounds like you've found something that really works for you, brilliant  :)  K xox