Dieting

Options

Comments

• wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Seems to be a lot of this around, I am on 75 mg of Thyroxine daily and 20mg of Tertroxin every other day, have had thyroid problems since was diagnosed at 21 I am now 62, and with being on different chemos over the last 4 and a half years it has been interesting to say the least to try and keep everything as near as normal as possible, first off I had graves disease and then it completely changed around so have no thryroid at all now and just have to rely on blood tests plus how I feel to determine how much I take, if its not BC its something else!!! quite a few ladies on this forum have thyroid problems also.

wendy55 

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @iserbrown When all this current drama is over I want to see an endocrinologist again. I haven't seen one since I was diagnosed. I do wonder if anything's changed in the field since then, and if I need to be on 125mg. Plus now I'm in menopause. It's all change.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    @Hendrix
    I have found the book great and the recipes even my autistic son likes them... that is a major step for me.... 

• Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    @SoldierCrab my GP wants to see me and I know it’s to do with recent blood tests and my diabetes lol during first week of each chemo round my sugar levels hit 30...they averaged 12 after that then I cut out carbs and was going really good and managed to get down to 6...then Easter happened why would my family put the temptation in front of me...lol 
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    Hendrix another BC friend who has diabetes has under DR been able to come off all diabetes meds  here is a post she put on group we are in together .... 

Well i had my review with my doctor today after following the blood sugar way of eating for the last 14 weeks i am 12.5 kgs down and Diabetes test results in my HbA1c results today at doctors has gone from 8.1 to 6.5 so i can stay off my diabetes meds and she is going to retest it again in 3 months time. She was very pleased with me

• Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    @SoldierCrab well done to your friend. Hopefully i can too :) 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    How is the diet going, @SoldierCrab .  Which one are you doing? calorie restriction, 5:2, or the gentler Med way?  I did try the 5:2 in general for awhile last year but I found it hard to get into a rhythm with cooking for everyone else as well and often felt too lightheaded.  Now, of course, I wonder if menopause symptoms or bc changes were affecting me, too.  
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Sister I tried the 5:2 s few years ago too, and had the same problem. It was too difficult for me to maintain while cooking for everyone else. I have taken on Michael Mosely's recent research & advice about fasting though, and have found it fairly straightforward to apply. I aim to leave a 12 - 14 hour gap between dinner and breakfast. Which means no after dinner snacking! Initially challenging but like most things, once the habit is established, pretty easy to maintain.
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    I am doing the 8wk Blood sugar diet .... by Michael Mosely.... I cook and everyone else eats it from the recipe book..... only difference is kids have pasta or rice in some meals instead of cauliflower rice.... or zucchini noodles 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have to agree with @zoffiel I too know exactly what I need to do re: exercise and a  tweak in diet sometimes to shift some kilos possibly....BUT I get a little stuck in between THAT and ummm wanting to live LOL and enjoy my life. What a quandry sometimes...do what feels good everyone and when you feel you want to. :) xo

• Sister
    Options
    @SoldierCrab How is the Blood Sugar Diet going? Did you see 4 Corners last night? Reinforcing the need to do something about how much sugar I'm eating. Not sure if I can give up pasta and potatoes, though...
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    hi Sister I am loving it ..... I have lost 10kgs and I have not been doing major amounts of exercise just increased my walking 

• Sister
    Options
    I've put a hold on the books at the library.  A number of copies across the state so hopefully I should get them soon - unless 4 Corners caused a rush on the libraries today!
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Dear @sister, My darling mother who would have turned 90 this year worked for Adelaide Public Library  from about 1949 - 1952, how is that!
  • Sister
    Options
    I'm a librarian, too!