Dieting

Options
12346»

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Thanks @primek They look great, both for me and the hungry hordes I live with.

Even though I'm far from my ideal weight and would love to lose 10kg (more, if I'm honest), I've been told in no uncertain terms that I'm not to do it while on chemo.  Probably couldn't if I tried - I had no appetite last week but the only things I could force myself to eat were carbs.  I'm not really sure why the restriction given that I get weighed beforehand every week.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    @Sister Yes staying stable is good on chemo. I on the other hand lived on carbs. Focusing on losing once chemo is done. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    My dietician said the aim going into chemo was to maintain your weight, plus or minus a few kilos either way. She said they don't want you losing muscle mass.
  • Sister
    Options
    I don't know if it's covered under dieting but I'm trying to make sure that there's some healthy go-to food for the family when I have the energy to do it, particularly with the kids preparing their own school lunches.  My husband just finished the pumpkin soup I made the other day and I've currently got a Croatian Eggplant soup simmering away.  The problem is, I start out doing these things and halfway through, run out of energy and motivation.  I do feel good when it's done, though.  It makes me think I still contribute something to the household!
  • kmakm
    Options
    love eggplant @Sister but have never made a soup with it. Is there a link to the recipe or did you get it from a book?
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    Little by Little Sister remember to be gentle on yourself. 

• kmakm
    edited May 2018
    Options
  • Sister
    Options
    It was worth doing - it's yummy, but doesn't taste like eggplant.  I made double quantity as not worth doing 4 serves.  Here's the link: https://www.cooked.com.au/Ino-Kuvacic/Hardie-Grant-Books/Dalmatia/Vegetables/Carrot-capsicum-and-eggplant-soup-recipe 
  • SoldierCrab
    Options

This is very yummy  ladies 
  • Sister
    Options
    Will try that one @SoldierCrab - I love lentils.
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    @SoldierCrab I just want to check I’m doing this 8 BSD right...where it says 1 chicken breast fillet does it need to be a certain weight? xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sister @SoldierCrab I'll try both of those, thank you!  :)
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    @Hendrix I am unsure also but just got an average sized chicken breast. 

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Use some cheat ideas if tired @Sister. Buy the pre cut soup veg if need be. Use canned beans and lentils. Its still nutritious. Simple foods...in case you can't complete. I used to prep the roast and put it on. Husband finished off...serving, making gravy etc. 
    There are some easy cauliflower or broccoli and bean recipes...quick cook and blend. Slow cookers...with a sauce mix and veggies and meat. You can even buy zoodles and cauliflower rice in fresh food section ready to cook and packets of veggie sticks,  serve with some dip.  Nutritious snack food.