Dieting

Options
Hendrix
Hendrix Member Posts: 324
edited April 2018 in Health and wellbeing
good evening lovelies...I really want to get rid of these kilos I’ve put on over the last 12 months...I’ve been thinking of doing the Modere Detox/Diet.  Has anyone tried this or know of anyone that has? Thank you Nellie xx
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Hendrix there's some very useful information from BCNA website and a discussion thread from 2017, hope that helps

https://www.bcna.org.au/health-wellbeing/physical-wellbeing/healthy-eating/

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/16458/diet-and-exercise

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    hendrix,
     I am doing the 8wk blood sugar diet by Dr Michael Mosley...under my GP watchful eyes..... you can get on facebook page about it and also buy book and recipe book at Kmart/target/ or online ebook
    Lost 10kgs in 10weeks so far 

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I don't have much willpower myself, @zoffiel but is it worth trying to maintain 2 or 3 days a week where you abstain?  A bit like the 2-5 diet but different!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    And, what's more, moving to gluten free is pointless (for me) it's the processed carbs I don't need. Cake, bread, biscuits, pasta, doesn't matter what they are made of, they are surplus to requirements. Sigh.
  • Sister
    Options
    I could live on pasta...it's evil.  San Remo have brought out a pulse pasta - it's really nice but it's about 4 times the price of the normal and only in limited varieties which doesn't make it an attractive purchase for a family of 5 with no income.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I can do two or three days which, at least, keeps my weight stable. Sort of. I still haven't figured out how I can gain two kgs over a weekend. Its against the laws of physics!
  • Sister
    Options
    Anything can happen on weekends.
  • iserbrown
    Options

hendrix,
     I am doing the 8wk blood sugar diet by Dr Michael Mosley...under my GP watchful eyes..... you can get on facebook page about it and also buy book and recipe book at Kmart/target/ or online ebook
    Lost 10kgs in 10weeks so far 

@Soldiercrab - that is an excellent result

I was brought up the food pyramid, something from each food group every day plus drinking water.  It was part of our cookery classes at school and my Mum, who was always stable in her weight around 8 stone (yeah I know old language) made sure that is how we had our meals.

Come forward to now and for me under active thyroid and medication still being sorted is a huge problem combined with side effects from Tamoxifen and it is still about fatigue.  Another blood test next week to see if the new medication has made any difference.  Answer I don't think so, my fatigue instead of being around 9.30-10am has now shifted to 3.30...........oh well hopefully it will get sorted one day and I can be something like my old self before this BC started.

For anyone else on here that maybe going through what I am

https://www.healthline.com/health/menopause/thyroid-and-menopause#hyperthyroidism-onmenopause
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited April 2018
    Options
  • Hendrix
    Options
    You ladies are so funny lol @SoldierCrab well done I might look into..thank you xx
  • Hendrix
    Options
    @SoldierCrab I bought the book plus the recipe book...I hope I have as much success as you. xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @iserbrown I have an underperforming thyroid too, Hashimoto's Disease. I was diagnosed 15 years ago after my second child was born when I had long runs of my heart missing beats. It was very uncomfortable and quite alarming. I take 100mg of thyroxine per day which stopped that, and made me a lot less tired and headachey. I hope you get yours sorted out soon. K xox
  • iserbrown
    Options
    Thanks!  I was on 100mg and now on 125mg but still not quite right!  Drives me nutty!