General discussion

Options
13»

Comments

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Good luck @LeaF it's somewhat comforting ( may be not the right word) to know what your dealing with & the plan is under way !!
    My shit stirrers were removed last Thursday with a lumpectomy, next part of my plan will be revealed on Monday 
    All the best & one day @ a time 
    sorry you've had to join us here 
    it's a steep learning curve but the ladies on here are wonderful support.
  • LeaF
    LeaF Member Posts: 13
    Options

Everyone on here is wonderful ! I love the positivity with everyone and the support <3 and you are so right now that I know what going on and what the plan is your right is comforting strangely enough :D 

• Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    That's great .... you have a plan.  Wishing you all the best @LeaF . It's all so scary isn't it. The sooner that cancer is out the sooner you can get on. Sending hugs Xxxx
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    All the best for your surgery @LeaF xoxoxo
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    So glad you have a plan @LeaF!
    i remember feeling like I got a bit of control back once some decisions were made. I also chose a mastectomy (with immediate silicone implant) as I’m only small and wouldn’t have had much left after a lumpectomy!  You are almost there - a few more days until those little bitches are out of you!!  Sending a hug, Jane x
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    In the scheme of things, great news. You've got a starting point now, and not long to wait until surgery, so that's good too
  • LeaF
    Options

Spent the day with Breast Cancer nurses and having arms measured etc etc which was something I had no idea about LOL, even got a little arm pillow with PinkFlamingos all over which is pretty cute :p

• Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @LeaF So good to hear you have your plan in place!! One step at a time. I am very proud of you making that decision & it sounds like the right one for you. That is the thing to remember, one plan isn't the same for everyone as we are all different & have different size cancers in different spots & with varying degrees of "danger". My DCIS cancer was low in my breast & even though it was invasive, my surgeon wanted to just do a lumpectomy & then she took tissue from below my breast to fill in the gap. I am small breasted too but both boobs look the same after the wonderful job she did. At least you have taken away any risk by having a mastectomy & if you have family history, then definitely the right decision. take one step at a time & focus on your surgery now & don't worry about what may happen after. We need to get you through next Tuesday & tick off that box. Try to stay positive this week, get some exercise, eat well & unless you have some good cooks around you, prepare some frozen meals as they come in handy when yo come home after surgery. Relax, sleep & take care of yourself this week. I still sleep with my pink pillow, it's the best thing to cuddle at night. Take care & stay strong & positive. Hugs xxxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    It may not take the worry away but it's always good to know the direction that you're going in.  Take care.
  • LeaF
    Options
    Thanks beautiful people <3 at least I don't have a long wait and the hospital I will be in is a beautiful country private hospital with special Breast Care nurses and I'm very lucky to have 2 of them and they are just angels xxxx
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @LeaF
    Great to hear you will be well looked after, take care and all the best