Who else can't sleep?

Options

Comments

• Janny54
    Janny54 Member Posts: 89
    Options

Glad you got to the beach @sister.

I agree with your comment about doing something normal. My NORMAL was having our youngest Grandchildren on a Wednesday. Couldn't do it the week after my A/C but by the second and third week I felt well enough to have them. There other Nanna was able to step in for us on the week I couldn't do it. Was much easier on Taxol. I had it on a Thursday weekly so by the following Wednesday was OK. It kept me sain.

Hope you are having a better day.

Jan xx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    It is important to normal, isn't it?  I've decided that I'm going to make that a verb and from now on make attempts at normalling.  I've been trying to put together a strategy for well-being to deal with this vortex of bc that I've been sucked into and normalling parts of my life is going to be part of it.  I hope your grandchildren were lots of fun and you sent them home on a sugar high!  (My kids always thought that they were getting away with murder at grandma's and grandpa's and that I would be cross about the amount of junk they at there but what happens at grandma's, stays at grandma's.)
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Blahh!! Horrid steroids. Awake since 1ish....trid to go back to sleep.......got up at 2:10......now 3. At least I don'd have to be  anywhere or do anything later today. Sleep on the couch and watch crap TV :) 
  • Sister
    Options
    Hi @JJ70 Good morning!
  • JJ70
    Options
    At least it is 4:30 there!  Haha!!

• Sister
    Options
    5:30am!  We're still on daylight saving due to Mad March.  Almost light enough to go for a walk.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 946
    Options
    Another crappy night for me too...however, I did finish another kiddies poncho, just need to sew up the shoulders, then that's another one done.
  • Sister
    Options
    @allyjay At least you're productive!  I just veg online.
  • JJ70
    Options
    I am writing a book about this shit .....these night time sessions are pretty productive...clearer head.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    My Dexamethasone is staring at me. I have to take it this morning and am dragging my feet knowing that it's going to make me feel sick, give me reflux and three terrible nights...
  • Sister
    Options
    Does the Dex make you sick @kmakm?  It does the opposite for me.  The only problem is when it wears off.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @sister Last time it made me quite nauseous indeed. The previous two times just bad reflux. I'll let you know in an hour...
  • JJ70
    Options
    kmakm...you on a protein pump inhibitor for your reflux? I am on  Pantoprazole...it works for me.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @JJ70 Omeprazole. It helps.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Not too sick this time with the Dex, just a bit nauseous & refluxy. Oh those burps... Made the most of my last energiser bunny day. Walked 5kms (first time this cycle), did laundry, two trips to the supermarket, baked mint choc chip biscuits to thank the chemo nurses tomorrow and even did the washing up for the first time in weeks. Now, if only I could sleep...
This discussion has been closed.