Who else can't sleep?

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I've taken two Temazepam. Eyelids heavy... See you on the flip side.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Sounds like you've been busy @kmakm - choc mint biscuits...yummmm.  Hope you've gotten some good sleep and that the reflux and nausea remain contained.
    I, on the other hand, have been awake since 2:15am.  My youngest (about to turn 12) has had a couple of friends over for a low-key early birthday sleepover as I will be in the dark depths of chemo hell when it is actually her birthday.  I made the mistake of thinking that I was fit enough due to my morning walks, to supervise a similar length hike through the forest next to us then back down through our place.  It's mountain goat country around here.  One particularly steep part, I was sure I was going to be sick.  Took hours and Ativan to feel human again... Fortunately, my husband entertained them with the little motorbike after tea so I could recover my equilibrium a bit.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Woke repeatedly through the night of course but was disciplined and turned over to try to get back to sleep without picking up my phone.

Oh you are brave @sister! I've found the longer chemo has gone, the less I've been able to do. My daughter turned 15 a couple of weeks ago and asked to have a party & sleepover this coming weekend. I'll be at the lowest point with killer fatigue & bone ache on Saturday so said no. She was so disappointed that I began to reconsider but my husband jumped in fast with absolutely not, bless him.
  • Sister
    Options
    We had some strong discussions about it.  She absolutely wanted a sleepover so it was limited to 2 friends (one of whom I knew would be no trouble) and they're going home this morning on the school run (they've got a student free day).  I told my daughter that I could not do a full day after as I don't have that sort of energy.  And it was a last minute decision to do it based on how I was feeling.  Given that her actual birthday falls right in the yuk zone, I'm relieved to have it done.  My other daughter is still waiting to have her new high school friends over for hers which was a couple of weeks ago.  But at least we did her 2 best primary school friends - Sunday brunch at the Pancake Kitchen - so sophisticated!
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Options
    You have to be careful with melatonin too as your body stops producing it when it is taken as a supplement :( I was awake 5 times last night ,its driving me crazy. I want to get back into mindfulness and am going to try some specific sleep inducing yoga moves. Nameste.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @sister I bet they enjoyed it though!

Still in bed. Procrastinating. Chemo at 9am...
  • Sister
    Options
    Chemo is a good reason for procrastination!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    @JJ70 that is Bl**dy awesome so nice when we get to do that 

• kmakm
    Options
    @JJ70 Jelly!!!
  • kmakm
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Been awake since 3am. Post-chemo power pee (don't worry, did the full flush, lid down). Hot flush, cold sweat. Took my temperature. How low is too low? It's 35.7. V nauseous so took a Pramin. Anyone about or are you all in the land of Nod?
  • kmakm
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Oh here comes another massive hot flush. Not cold any more...

Was about to get a blanket, now I've thrown off the doona. FFS how is this my life now?? Gargh!!!
  • Sister
    Options
    Hi @kmakm, It looks like I've missed you. Windows open and the doona with your feet out - works for me.  I have never (so far) gotten flushes during the day but can have doozies at night - that's not drug induced, though.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @sister I do get mild ones sometimes during the day but from about 9pm at night they roll in quite strong. It's 10° at mine at the mo. Too cold for the window to be open for me but my feet often hang out of the doina. Temazepam working a bit now so one more trip to the loo and I'll try yet again to sleep. Sigh.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    You know you are doomed if you turn a screen on at 3am. I can tell you this because I have tested the theory. 
    Sometimes I don't care, but I'm better off reading a book. Even if I can't follow the story...
This discussion has been closed.