Stress ten fold

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Hi chipo, with so much stress surrounding you,the body goes into survival mode.You’ll do what you have to do to get through this awful time.Ofcourse,you will need lots of support from your husband, family, friends and counsellors.At first the Breast cancer diagnosis seems like a bad dream and then reality sets in and we fear the worst. I’ve had bc twice(2003 and 2010) and I’ve been cancer free and fine for the last 7 yrs.The majority of women WILL be ok,so please take some comfort in that.If you think you need a bc support group, I run one in the Hills area of Sydney. Tonya
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Breast cancer is hard enough to deal with.
    Having to terminate knowing you never intended another child must be shattering.
    Please realise there are people to support you.
    The hospital that performs  the procedure should have a worker for you to speak to to discuss any ongoing / adjustment issues.
    Hopefully you have a breast care nurse to speak to regarding support through treatment. Soldiercrab has provided the link above. 
    Take care. Kath x
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    Most people on this site will support and encourage others to go with their own strong feelings about treatment - to get all the facts of course but then follow your own heart and head. I think the same applies to your pregnancy. You and your husband know your circumstances and feelings best. None of this is anything but hard. Do what you think is best and no regrets. Take care, be very kind to yourself.
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Biggest of huggs my dear
    Of course your decision has been thoroughly considered  in the light of the therapy you need to undergo.
    And a to have WONDERFUL PARTNER 
    You are strong and brave and a treasure to your family 
    All the best
     Bright in hope

• Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Dearest @Chipo, you are in my thoughts tonight. You have a lot to deal with and you absolutely must do what you feel is right for you. We are here for you. Biggest hugs xxoo
  • Ashanty88
    Ashanty88 Member Posts: 38
    Hi beauties

lm alright now all went well. I was 5 weeks preg . I feel ok . I had an angel attend to me , she is a breast cancer survivor herself . She was so caring and not judgemental. I have hot strength from you all and l feel l can look forward to chemo and radiation . I’m going to cut my big Afro hair this week . I have started healthy eating . Any tips on healthy diet. Love you all
  • Ashanty88
    Ashanty88 Member Posts: 38
    Meant got strength ☺️
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I'm no help in the healthy diet advice stakes. Glad you are ok Xxx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Hugs Chipo its been a big day for you...

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Virtual hugs to you, @Chipo
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Hey there @Chipo so glad you’re ok. Now you can focus on yourself and your treatment. Biggest hug. As for your diet just eat as healthy as you can. During treatment things can sometimes change and your taste can be affected so when that happens you eat what you feel like to be honest. Just take a day at a time at the moment and be kind to yourself.  Margie xx 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Chipo , Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW xoxo
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Chipo What a rough patch you are going through! You can only do what you can do, at this moment. Listen to your own gut instincts. Try to block out any judgment from anyone else. Your decision is perfectly logical. I wish you strength. Fran x
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited February 2018
    No good asking me about healthy diet either lol. Hugz <3
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Chipo. Well done! Lots of protein, veggies, a bit of fresh fruit such as apples and pears (not too much of the sugary summer ones), lots of pulses, try to avoid carbs, no sugar (except an occasional bit of dark chocolate), wine as necessary. The Michael Mosley recipe book is great.