Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    Options
    Yep I like the slight curry taste they leave with you.....yum. <3
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Me too!!! LOL YUM!! One thing I have found that helps my pain is the hot shower, standing under it pelting on my neck. Panadol osteo works a little too. Nurofen not so much. x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh goody then, might try the panadol osteo, happy to try anything at the moment. Oncologist didn't have an issue with taking the turmeric, so am just keeping going with it.
  • melclarity
    Options
    Trace, if Im in heaps of pain I take the 2 panadol osteo together with 2 nurofen, its the combination that seems to help. x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    OMG Mel, that's awful, it's bloody hard work when it becomes chronic pain like that. You don't get any rest, as it wakes you in the night. How long have you been having this pain for, bloody cruel.
     I find the middle of the night my worst time, can't get comfortable, and my only option is to sit upright on the couch to get any relief for my neck. I've started taking magnesium powder for my muscle cramps, don't know if it makes a difference, but I'll try anything that might help. 
    So will get to the chemist tomorrow and get some panadol osteo to take with the nurofen. It doesn't space you out does it?
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Do you get referred pain down the outside of the arm from the neck?
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi lovely @Tracey B , wishing you all the best with your scan. Are you using the white or red tiger balm? I use white for when I have to go somewhere and red where it can't be seen - stronger than the white. Gotta love Tiger balm!!! Crossing fingers and everything else that I can that your scans are clear. And isn't it terrible when your doctors are nice to you - (the bastards!!!! ;)). Wishing you all the best with your excursion, and also with your exhibition. Sending big gentle hugs to you lovely. Xx Cath
  • melclarity
    Options
    Tracey, No definitely doesnt space you out at all, they're not painkillers or heavy drugs at all. My pain has been worse post treatment, but what they worked out for me also is its exacerbated by Fibromyalgia that I was diagnosed over 13yrs ago. That is a chronic pain and Ive lived with that for years, it flares up now and then, but the neck is always the worst spot. Alot of people have it and dont even know, even my GP suffers from it!! Thats why hot showers help relax the muscles.  There are a few pressure points 

Where does it hurt?

Diagnosing fibromyalgia can be tough. Pain is highly personal, so one person’s “I hurt all over” isn’t necessarily the same as another person’s “I hurt all over.”

That’s why doctors often check for certain tender points on the body when it comes to diagnosing fibromyalgia. These 18 points (9 pairs) tend to be painful when pressed, and may spread pain to other body parts.

American College of Rheumatology guidelines suggest that people with fibromyalgia have pain in at least 11 of these tender points when a doctor applies a certain amount of pressure. Find out if your pain seems to match up.

fibro-diagram
  • iserbrown
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @melclarity

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia after slow recovery from neck surgery. Hence my question about referred pain. Fortunately fibromyalgia hasn't reared it's head during BC. Yes it is about pressure points in the body. My sympathy as I understand it and shiver at the memory. 
  • melclarity
    Options
    @iserbrown oh Gee!!! I was fine for a few years before BC and BC brought it back with a vengeance uuugh!!!! YIKES!!! thats why I wondered as like you, what Trace described sounds like it. xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

iserbrown said:

Do you get referred pain down the outside of the arm from the neck?

Yep, sure do, it runs down the top of my upper arm and a cross the shoulder blade.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

socoda said:

Hi lovely @Tracey B , wishing you all the best with your scan. Are you using the white or red tiger balm? I use white for when I have to go somewhere and red where it can't be seen - stronger than the white. Gotta love Tiger balm!!! Crossing fingers and everything else that I can that your scans are clear. And isn't it terrible when your doctors are nice to you - (the bastards!!!! ;)). Wishing you all the best with your excursion, and also with your exhibition. Sending big gentle hugs to you lovely. Xx Cath

Thanks Cath, using the red tiger balm, and I don't care how much it stinks. Gentle hugs right back to you xxxx
  • iserbrown
    Options
    My heart goes out to you. I had spinal surgery when I was 36. Today I  still get referred arm pain and go to Physio for maintenance. My latest scan shows crumbling. 
    Take care
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Iser, my last scan 2 years ago showed osteoporosis in my lumbar spine and both hips with a high risk of fracture. I've been trying really hard to do the weight bearing exercise, walking and working with low weights in a circuit class, however can only walk at the moment. It's extremely frustrating.Im booked in for my tweaking operation on 22nd May, so I hope that it doesn't have to be delayed if the results are no good. Trying not to make a mountain out of a molehill.
    My daughter and I are booked into the Mothers Day Classic, so I'll be really cranky if I can't do that.
    Cuddles, Trace xxxx

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Hi Tracey, I  think we all have times when we become very scared and think that won't be able to cope and then from somewhere the inner strength kicks in. You are doing the right thing keeping busy with your art work and going for a walk often helps. Wishing you all the best with your test results. You know that we are all here for you. Sending you comforting hug .