So you are new here Welcome aboard a really supportive forum

Options

Comments

• CateH
    CateH Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Soldier Crab, thanks for the welcome.  I just started chemo on Tuesday and am feeling pretty crap at this stage.  Hopefully will perk up over the next few days. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Yes @CateH it can make us feel like crap .... we all get that so ask away for hints and support as you go through this. 

hugs 
    Alice 

• SoldierCrab
    Options
    Welcome @Suem99  please come in and let us know if we can answer any questions you have. 
    No questions are silly questions in here, we are a supportive bunch and we will make you feel welcome. 
    Alice 

• SoldierCrab
    Options
    hi @casgirl123 welcome to a really supportive online forum. please feel free to ask questions and we will answer and direct you to resources if need be. 
  • SoldierCrab
    edited February 2017
    Options
    tonight I would like to welcome @VanessaC @Wattle15 @Adey and @Teejay  sorry you have had to join us, ask any questions nothing is silly.  browse the forum and know we are here to help you. 

If you are unsure about anything just reply to this post. 
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    Hello @GlendaL I would like to welcome here and let you know we are all supportive and willing to listen(read) and help you through whatever reason has brought you here. 
  • misty-n-me
    misty-n-me Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Ladies. My name is Donna. My username, Misty-n-me, is because my fur baby Misty has been on the BC journey with me. I had only had her a few months when I was diagnosed the first time. She never left my lap! As I live alone, her companionship through my chemo treatment (halfway through my second time around at present) has been a real blessing. I'm excited to be going to the National Summit (my first time) in a few weeks. I help to coordinate our local breast cancer support group, the Pink Dolphins (when I say support group, I actually mean social group). I hope to learn a great deal at the summit, knowledge that will help others in our group and that will perhaps make our group an ever better place to be than it is already! As for me, I had early stage IDC in my left breast in 2012. Had mastectomy and axilla clearance followed by chemo and tamoxifen. I developed lymphedema. In November last year I had right mastectomy,  three triple negative papillary carcinomas were found. I've been referred for genetic testing. Even though just a sampling of lymph nodes were taken, I also developed lymphedema in my right arm (huge bummer!!). I'm now on dose dense chemo, 8 rounds over 4 months. I've had two hospitalisations with it so far. I'm pretty good in the second week of the round so I should be ok for the summit. I don't think I've really come to terms with the fact that I have had a recurrence yet (especially with it being triple negative)...I've been too busy dealing with the surgery and chemo. 
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    Hi Donna @misty-n-me i will see you at summit.... 
    you are having a run of it ... I have lymphodema in my left arm I hate it .... I was TNBC also in 2012. 
    hope to catch up with you at summit. 
  • misty-n-me
    misty-n-me Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Soldier Crab. Thanks for the welcome...I look forward to meeting you. All of a sudden it's very close! 
  • SoldierCrab
    edited March 2017
    Options
    welcome to the following new online members @solutions1 @Roo @Charley1979 we are an inclusive lot who are more than happy to answer questions listen to your concerns and point you in the direction of reliable information. 

come say hi to us and we will support you through this time.
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    hello @Ned21 welcome to the online forum, we are very supportive group of women and men who will listen and point you in the right direction if you need to find information etc. 
    come in and say hi to us and let us know if we can help you. 

Alice 

• Sparkles
    Sparkles Member Posts: 36
    Options
    I have a question about my Portacath if anyone has one and can advise - I have had different responses to my question so am now confused . Can I swim with my Portacath? I mean really swim laps not just bouncing around in a back yard pool. 
    Thanks  
  • SoldierCrab
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @MegseyJ11 @helenbenwelcome to the online forum  Please feel at ease we are a supportive bunch and we will answers any questions nothing is a silly question in our opinion.

@Sparkles I posted the Portacath Question on the general discussion posts for you ...

• SoldierCrab
    edited March 2017
    Options
    hello to these new online members @Redshoes03 @KitKat @Hulos and @KatieA we are a really lovely bunch here and we will be happy to help you navigate this website be it the online forum or the general website. 

Please don't be Shy we were all new members at different stages and we understand where you are at. 

alice 

• Hulos
    Hulos Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Thank you so much Alice.  If it wasnt for the lovely ladies  on line i would have hesitated in joining, you're  a lovely and very suppirtive group of ladies. I know i will have question thru my journey..thank you all in advance..
    Hulos