Creative Corner!

Options

Comments

• cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 702
    Options
    Hello @ayrhaven. Love your ideas take some pics and put them on here. 
    i have gotten a lot of inspiration for things to break the boredom. I went back to the first page and read my way through along with Friday funnies thread

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,576
    Options
    Awesome @ayrhaven - we have quite a few really good quilters on the forum ..... check out the previous pages for some of their designs!

Glad you found it as amazing as I did, @cranky_granny - I am still trying to work out how they did that 'invisible stitching' in the very first bit!!  Grrrr   Some very clever 'repair' methods there!

• Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Options
    I checked out the video of the stitches - I've worked on Crewel embroidery since childhood and don't know them, I'm wondering if they are traditional Tailoring stitches. Anyway, very clever - wish I'd known about them 50yrs ago. :)
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,576
    Options
    They are SO CLEVER - and they make them look so EASY @Beryl C. (totally unsuitable for someone with two thumbs like me!!  LOL)
  • ayrhaven
    ayrhaven Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Could somebody help me by giving me instructions on how to add photos.  I am not very good with modern technology.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hi @ayrhaven. Above the square you type into there is a row of symbols. Tap/click the one on the far right.

I use my phone to access the forum, and I use my phone to take my photos. So I then tap on 'Choose Files' and it takes me to a menu where I choose 'Files'. Then I choose 'Images' and select a photo by tapping on it. Then I wait until it loads! K xox
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    It's from the very top line of the forum 

Here's the link that will help you with the forum and how to add pictures and anything else you may need to do

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/19190/navigating-the-online-community#latest
  • iserbrown
    Options
    It's from the very top line of the forum where it says Community Info

Here's the link that will help you with the forum and how to add pictures and anything else you may need to do

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/19190/navigating-the-online-community#latest
  • iserbrown
    Options
    It's from the very top line of the forum 

• Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Wow that’s fantastic! So clever, how long did it take and did you have a pattern or did you design it? Tinks xx
  • JennyD78
    JennyD78 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Thanks @Tinks  I think it took about 5 hours, hard to remember because I usually do them in fits and spurts (and who can remember anything post chemo?!).  It was a kit so it came with the cloth, floss, needle and hoop (cost was about $25). There's a bunch of people selling kits like this in Australia (mostly on Etsy), or you can buy just the pattern for $3 to $5 and organise the cloth, floss and hoop yourself.  I just bought a few patterns off Etsy and will be off to the local embroidery shop to get the rest.
  • iserbrown
    Options