Welcome! Questions? Feedback? Post here!

Options
12346»

Comments

• InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options
    I notice that some posts don't show on the front page while others do. Are there certain categories that are member-only? I ask because I want to start discussions, but I miss privacy settings and would rather not make public posts. 

Has anyone else noticed their previous discussions né blogs vanish? Two of mine seem to have made a dash for the cyber-wilderness.

• Chorsell
    Chorsell Member Posts: 464
    Options

Hi InkPetal

Based on my understanding of the way this works - if you are in a group and you go to that group and start a discussion it is only visible in that group. it is not on the public page nor is it visible in your profile under discussions.

So the only way you can find it is to go into the group

Regards

Chris

• InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yes, Groups hide posts from non group members but I'm speaking of the posts made to Discussion/all members that once logged out of BCNA can bee seen by the general public.

I think I've found that anything posted under the Tests, treatments and side-effects category is hidden from public view, which is great. Is anything else hidden from non-members of BCNA? I'll stick to posting to those categories.

Ah, good point though, the 'vanished' discussions were possibly posted into a group that no longer exists, so the post is irretrievable. I think I remember that being mentioned earlier. Silly me.
  • Ne
    Ne Member Posts: 336
    Options
    @Ann-Marie_BCNA Hi, i just wanted to let you know that whenever I receive a notification that someone has posted in a group, 1st, the link to take you to the discussion is not underlined or highlighted, in fact two sentences in the notification is highlighted.  2nd, when I click on the word 'here' to take me to the link a message comes up saying "page could not be found".  Is there a glitch with these notifications?
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Options
    Hi @Ne, yes, there's an issue affecting two aspects of the groups: notifications and the search results. Our devs are looking into it and have found that the problem is related to permissions (as in, you don't have permission to view this). For some reason, group members just can't see them, even though they're there, and you should be able to view them. This bug is one of our top priorities so we hope to have it resolved soon.