Welcome! Questions? Feedback? Post here!

Options

Comments

• Chorsell
    Chorsell Member Posts: 464
    Options
    Ooh pages are back now :-)
  • Chorsell
    Options
  • Chorsell
    Options
    Screen shots of what I see
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Options

Chorsell said:

Just curious in my profile next to discussions I have the number 62 - I assume this to mean I have that number of posts - as I scroll through I have 4 pages - 3 pages with 15 and 1 page with 5 - so that is 50 - 

not sure what I am missing - can anyone help?

Hey Chris this is what Paula and I said in the leaders group. I'll be interested to see if this is affecting others. I wonder if it is connected with the private group posts that we can't see. I can only see about 30 of my 200+ discussions. Cosette is onto it anyways. Still would like to see if others have this issue.

Yes, that's right, @LouiseTurner, those two things appear to be connected. The posts and comments that appear to be missing are the ones from the groups. The posts themeselves aren't missing, but they're not displaying to you in your profile or in the search. Our developers are looking into it. 
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Options

Chorsell said:

I noticed that there was a broadcast message about a fix that had been applied - and requesting that we update our details with a link -  so I followed the link and my password was still the old one (I had changed my password when I first logged on to the new site) I wasn't particularly worried as I recall Cosette advising that there were two places where user details were stored and they were not linked - however I have logged out and logged back in and things are displaying differently now.  most notably in my profile and how my discussions are displayed.

before I logged out I had page numbers at the bottom of the screen - now I have a bar with more discussions and when I select that - more discussions are displayed below the bar but not all of the ones I could see before and I have no options to display more that I can see?

The email that went out was about a fix regarding the connection between the website (https://www.bcna.org.au/) and the online network (http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/). It didn't have anything to do with the way things display though I do have a list of things there that need to be corrected. Thanks for those screenshots. I am taking notes :smile:
  • Chorsell
    Options
    Thanks for the update @Cosette_BCNA that makes sense - thanks for looking into it
  • Bluewren
    Bluewren Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi, how do I add a photo to my comments. Thanks.
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options

Chorsell said:

Just curious in my profile next to discussions I have the number 62 - I assume this to mean I have that number of posts - as I scroll through I have 4 pages - 3 pages with 15 and 1 page with 5 - so that is 50 - 

not sure what I am missing - can anyone help?

Hey Chris this is what Paula and I said in the leaders group. I'll be interested to see if this is affecting others. I wonder if it is connected with the private group posts that we can't see. I can only see about 30 of my 200+ discussions. Cosette is onto it anyways. Still would like to see if others have this issue.

Yes, that's right, @LouiseTurner, those two things appear to be connected. The posts and comments that appear to be missing are the ones from the groups. The posts themeselves aren't missing, but they're not displaying to you in your profile or in the search. Our developers are looking into it. 

Hi @Cosette_BCNA , Just letting you know I am experiencing exactly the same as @Chorsell and @LouiseTurner I did originally also have page numbers and more posts appearing in discussions (although still not the correct amount as displayed).  However now have even less posts appearing and only a message with more discussions, no page numbers.  Many of the posts that were there on the first day I logged on are now missing.  I think that they are the ones that were in the Breast Reconstruction Group. Thanks for passing all this on to the developer.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Where do you find the list of people you had "connected" with? I've had a quick look around and I'm finding it quite confusing atthe moment. Also trying to find most recent messagesin my inbox, without going through everything that seems to be there. Thanks, Lyn
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options

Bluewren said:

Hi, how do I add a photo to my comments. Thanks.

@Bluewren

In the options on top of the comment box there is an icon that looks like a dog-eared page (next to emote and link).

If you click it, a box should open with the option to drag an image to it, open a file from your computer or device to it, or fetch one from a URL.

I hope this was useful <3

• InkPetal
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Bullet and Numbered lists are not showing in "Preview" mode.

E.g.
    • List item 1
    • List item 2
    • List item 3
    • List item 4
    The above is in list form. The HTML showing for both kinds of list are correct but instead of being put into a list they are being separated by spaces.

Little ol' bug.

Below is this comment when in "Preview"

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options
    One of the most valuable features of this new system is the bookmark feature. To be able to easily locate a post that contains information that you may wish to refer back to is just fantastic. AND I just love the speed of it all! I can check for new messages and posts in just a few seconds.  <3:)
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Hi @Deanne. I don't think I've figured out how to do that? Can you let me know how? 
    Love the speed too :)
    Paula x
  • InkPetal
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I love that too @Deanne :mrgreen:

<3@mum2jj, Just added how to use bookmarks to The what and how thread. 

I'm not sure what else to make for the what and how thread immediately so whenever someone asks something that I know how to do I'm just going to make another one.

Join in everyone <3. If you see missing things that you know how to do and others don't, please make an entry if you can find the time, it's pretty fun really.
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options
    I have bookmarked the "what and how" thread so I can access how to do things whenever I need to. You just click on the star for that post @mum2jj, it turns bright pink and a new heading appears over on the right hand side of your page called my bookmarks. Then each time I want to find a bookmarked post I just click on my bookmarks. It takes me to a list of bookmarked posts and I click on the one I want. So quick! I love that @InkPetal has added so many how to's to the what and how thread. I might even start learning the right terminology for things if this keeps up!  ;)