Welcome! Questions? Feedback? Post here!

Options

Comments

• InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options

InkPetal said: Time to start a "Forum shift FAQ" pinned topic?

Dang! I missed the edit timer by seconds!

Yes, I discovered The what and how thread!
    Is that also a place for questions?

I would like to recommend that post. How do we now 'Promote'?

Thank you
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Options
    Yes, you can ask questions there and we've also got an FAQ started: http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/14124/frequently-asked-questions#latest

Anyone can Promote something just by clicking that Promote button. That should generate the Best Of... section, but we haven't had enough clicks to see.
  • InkPetal
    Options

Cosette_BCNA said:
    Anyone can Promote something just by clicking that Promote button. That should generate the Best Of... section, but we haven't had enough clicks to see.

I'll probably feel like a total idiot in a minute, but ...what promote button?
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    @InkPetal @Cosette_BCNA I don't know what a promote button is either?
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    is there anyway to Delete Notifications now? I can't  see it if there is. Thanks.
  • mum2jj
    Options

Yes, you can ask questions there and we've also got an FAQ started: http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/14124/frequently-asked-questions#latest

Hi @Cosette_BCNA , Still finding my way around.  I can't see my story in my profile.  I visited  your FAQ link and it mentioned "my story"  Am I not seeing my story or did our stories not carry over? Do I need to write a new one?
  • InkPetal
    Options

mum2jj said:
    Still finding my way around.  I can't see my story in my profile.  I visited  your FAQ link and it mentioned "my story"  Am I not seeing my story or did our stories not carry over? Do I need to write a new one?

Hi @mum2jj, all the My Story seem to have been reset. Go to your profile page, on the top right by your profile picture is an "Edit profile" link, My Story is the bottom box. <3
  • mum2jj
    Options

InkPetal said:

Hi @mum2jj, all the My Story seem to have been reset. Go to your profile page, on the top right by your profile picture is an "Edit profile" link, My Story is the bottom box. <3

Thanks @InkPetal I can see where it is, but my story isn't there.  Do I need to rewrite it?
  • InkPetal
    Options
    Thought I'd add what I see as a Topic post because it might not be the same as others do. The same as a comment but with a bookmark star, a heading, and a category listing.

• InkPetal
    Options
    @mum2jj Yes, I think they've been reset. Mine had been wiped too. <3
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The promote button is under every post:

@primek There's no way to bulk-delete notifications. You can go here: http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/profile/notifications - and delete them individually. 

@mum2jj The old My Story appeared to be part of the online network, but was actually part of the profile/account page on the website (tehcnically, the online network lived inside the website - confusing, I know). So, that didn't transfer over. There is a space in your profile here to add a little bio and if you want more space, you can use the Activity area too.
  • mum2jj
    Options
    Hi @Cosette_BCNA. I don't appear to have the promote under posts. I have flag quote like awesome and Lol 
  • gurneys
    gurneys Member Posts: 224
    Options

Question - I was a member of the breast recon group before but do I now have to rejoin? Would my old posts still be there?

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    @gurneys This group come across to the new platform, so yes you are still part of this group. The group has a new name though - Choosing breast reconstruction.
    All your post and all your comments you have ever made can be found on your profile page under your photo - click here

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    @mum2jj everyone should be able to see "promote". Have you tried logging out and back in again?