Welcome! Questions? Feedback? Post here!

Options

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Wondering why new posts  are dropping down and are replaced with old posts with new comments? Worried new ones will be buried and not answered this way as we don't  always want to scroll through all posts..
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    @angiesg thank you for this feedback as well, we have it noted down. You are correct. The edited date meaning if something was changed ie a tag added and yes the second date is when it was created.
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    Options
    Hi, I'm still getting email notifications of the Online Network Update which I thought were stopping. Do I need to change my preferences / settings?
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    The post on tissue expanders has reappeared. Thanks.
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    @Jane221 Please just disregard the email notifications. We are aware this has happened yesterday and today. You don't need to change anything.
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Options
    All good questions @Chorsell

Regarding the order of inbox messages, I've logged this. I will inform the community as it progresses. 

The reason your old messages are there is because the previous online network didn't actually truly delete anything; it just hid things from view. We brought everything over here so that included all those hidden-from-view messages. There's no way to bulk-delete them, but I'll have a chat with our developers and see what other options we might have.

Group discussions only appear in groups. You can see if someone has posted a new discussion in a group by going to the group or setting up a notification in http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/profile/preferences.

You post to a group by going to that group and clicking on New Discussion.

Yes, "Author" is the same as user; it refers to the person who wrote a post or comment. 

In the advanced search, make sure the person you are searching for doesn't appear in both the search bar and the author bar. 

Yes, you can use double quotations marks (" ") to search for a specific phrase.

It is not possible to search within one group only. You can search groups with the advanced search and it combs all the groups you're in.

Tags can only be added to a discussion post, not a comment. It is optional. You can't create your own. You can choose from a list of 80 tags. You can choose from the list of the most popular tags or start typing and it will make suggestions. The reason for this is because we had about 40k tags int he previous online network and it became unmanageable and unhelpful. 

We had over 150 groups in the online network. Most were inactive or substitutes for topics. When we migrated over here, we integrated those conversations into the general discussion area and left just three groups standing. 

We're open to having more groups, but we want to make sure they have good leaders to keep them going.

Thanks for all the questions, everyone! We'll get to all of them as soon as we can.  :)  <3
  • Cosette
    Options

primek said:

A post I read yestetdsy  and commented on seems to have dissappeared. It was originally posted twice. It was called Tissue Expanders I believe. I checked the reconstruction group but it hasn't  been moved there. Thanks. Kath

Hi @primek. It's here: http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/14859/tissue-expanders#latest
  • Cosette
    Options

primek said:

Wondering why new posts  are dropping down and are replaced with old posts with new comments? Worried new ones will be buried and not answered this way as we don't  always want to scroll through all posts..

Discussions move to the top when they receive a new comment. This was a much requested feature.

In the Discussions view (this one: http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussions), it may move pretty fast. A pink 'new' label appears on new discussions.

Within the categories (this one: http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/categories), the posts may stay on the front page longer.
    new.jpg 54.5K
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Fantastic new site!! The draft saving is excellent and will save a lot of frustration. Thanks to all for the hard work and integrating requests into the new site.  Awesome job!! 
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options

@primek said: Wondering why new posts  are dropping down and are replaced with old posts with new comments? Worried new ones will be buried and not answered this way as we don't  always want to scroll through all posts..

Discussions move to the top when they receive a new comment.  it may move pretty fast.

I've been struggling with this too and have the same concern.

With both the forum front landing page and category pages listing in order of most recent activity there's no fast way of checking for most recent topic posts. 

Any chance of a toggle menu to view the Discussions feed by "activity" and "newest"?
  • InkPetal
    Options
    @Ann-Marie_BCNA @Cosette_BCNA Thank you for the update on Groups!  <3
  • Cosette
    Options
    @InkPetal We'll have a chat with the devs and see what's possible.
  • Keryn
    Keryn Member Posts: 107
    Options
    Question - All my groups I was in arent listed, where are they?
  • Cosette
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi @Keryn. It looks like you missed the post about this. Most of the groups are gone. The posts and comments were incorporated into other parts of the new forum. You can find your discussions and comments in your profile (under your profile picture).

The previous online network didn’t have discussion categories. Members often created groups to pose questions about a particular topic or to make an announcement. When the question was answered or if there wasn’t enough interest in the topic, the group became inactive. This led to over 60 inactive groups. 

Our current vision is to create Groups for members seeking greater peer-to-peer support. We also want to ensure that every Group in the online network has an active Group Leader. 

You can see all the groups here: http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/groups/

You're currently in the community champions group, which is a group for community liaisons and member group leaders: http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/6-bcna-community-champions

• InkPetal
    Options

It looks like you missed the post about this. 

Understandable enough though. Time to start a "Forum shift FAQ" pinned topic?
    Are your admin still able to pin topics? That seems important with the feed being activity now.