Life after chemo

Options
Molly001
Molly001 Member Posts: 419
Woop woop... I have about 1/2mm of hair! So excited after months of bald. It's barely visible, but it's there. feeling optimistic. Next hopefully goodbye to fatigue, dry skin, dark eye circles and quite a few kilos aswell haha!

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    That's great molly001, tomorrow is my last chemo. How long after last chemo does your hair start growing back.
  • Molly001
    Options
    All the best for tomorrow @LMK74. Congrats on end of chemo. I had my last less than three weeks ago, so very surprised to see hair growth already.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    That's such great news @Molly001
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @LMK74 I loved not having to shave my legs during chemo. :) 
  • Molly001
    Options
    Yes, it's been convenient not having to deal with body hair.
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Yep,haven't shaved in months, the best thing about chemo.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyyyy @Molly001, that's excellent!! Xx 
  • fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    Options
    I remembered finishing chemo very relieved . What came next was I tried to run before I could walk.
    It is hard to guage what you can and cant do. So I am not saying take it easy just be aware it takes time to catch up to where you were before this all started. 
    I am well aware that some do run marathons and keep superbly fit we are not all the same .
    Welcome to a bit of normality.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Molly that is super exciting!!! I think we all remember that moment very well! :)@fairydust is right, I'm 20 months post chemo now and only now would I say I am just about back to a great comparison of what I used to be. Even exercising and diet won't shift my 6kg I've put on its so annoying!!! BUT I feel great!! my pain is finally under control and I hardly take panadol osteo anymore which is massive for me!! It really does get better but it takes time. Enjoy!!! :) Melinda
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Hey, I've got enough hair now that I can sort of grab it. And EYELASHES!!!! Bald was one thing, weird alien lashless eyes were something else.

Now I'm stressing because I read somewhere that eyelashes have a lifespan of about 100 days and if that's true does it mean they will all fall out at once and I'll be doing some 'rinse and repeat' eyelashes-no-eyelashes nightmare until I give up and buy falsies and audition for Priscilla Queen of the Dessert IV and don't get the gig and will have to work in a call centre where no-one I talk to can actually see me. ***Gasps and remembers to breath***

PS, they don't all fall out at once again, I know that, but what if they do.... I'd be OK with being in a movie about sugar and chocolates, please don't make me do anything that involves sand. 

Marg xxx

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @Zoffiel my eyelashes fell out about 2 times before they stayed, but they do eventually stay and stop :) 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My eyelashes fell out just after my final chemo, but then started growing back really quickly. 
  • Molly001
    Options
    @melclarity, glad to hear you're feeling well. I can't wait to get through a day without feeling exhausted at the end of it! I was lucky enough not to loose all my eyelashes, just a few, and kept a few whispy eyebrows too. No false-lash movie deal for me @Zoffiel.