Life after chemo

Options
2»

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Yes @Zoffiel ..my eyelashes starting falling out about 100 days...but fortunately not all. A stressful week or so that was.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Molly it's taken a very long time, but I have to say the fatigue is lessening and my energy levels have never been better. Unfortunately there's not alot of help post care and long term, so the Forum is great to get some ideas and tips of what and where to go. 

I attribute my recovery now to, damn hard work with my exercise Physiologist, an incredible naturopath who blew my mind! got my body into some damn good rhythm lol. The biggest thing of all is self awareness and self nurture, no 1 Key to loving yourself back to a new improved version of you. The more I get off 'medications' the better I am. Unfortunately stuck on Aromasin but can live with that. Only taking panadol osteo now and then. 

You will get there, but put you first and nurture you all the way back, you'll get there!!! xx Melinda
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Hi Melinda, how did the naturopath help you? This is an area I haven't looked into much. Friends have recommended it. 
  • melclarity
    Options
    Lucy, he did an assessment, it was weird LOL some of it, but incredible. He could tell me exactly what was out of balance in my body. I did a 2 week no wheat, no dairy and no sugar. I had drops to get my body ph levels back into shape. I was already taking magnesium but he gave me a stronger one, and Caltrate. Some different drops, but all of this together has been incredible in my recovery. I was the same everyone recommended to see one, but I didnt know what they did. I just feel so much better and well. Oh still eat my chocolate but only weekends LOL. I dont believe in giving up anything, diet has nothing to do with it. Moderation in all things :) xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Thanks Melinda, that's really interesting. I might look into it. I need to be a bit healthier and this might help. x 
  • melclarity
    Options
    Lucy definitely look into it, even just a consultation, it was pricey but the best money Ive spent in my life and I only saw him once, I dont need to see him again, Id say thats worth it! I'd only recommend this to anyone who has finished chemo too. :)