31 acts of kindness for supporting someone with breast cancer

Cosette
Cosette Member Posts: 637
In her group, Christians diagnosed with breast cancer, @Soldier Crab posted a Christmas calendar of random acts of kindness. This inspired us to ask you, the members of the online network, what special little things a family member, friend, or colleague did that helped make things a little easier for you, that made you feel supported, and that brightened up your day after your diagnosis.

You told us and we put it together as a resource to help family, friends, and colleagues supporting someone with breast cancer. Download it, email it, print it, share it, leave it lying around somewhere as a not-so-subtle hint  ;)

BIG THANKS to the following people for sharing their stories: @wendy h, @primek, @Michelle R, @Nadi, @adean, @socoda, @melclarity, @Afraser, @mum2jj, @ScorpionQueen, @Brenda5, @Deanne, @kayvie, @nikkid, @LibbyB, @Jane221, @rowdy, @Share, and @Ne.

Click on the attachment below :smile:

Comments

• nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Gorgeous Cosette! This is a lovely resource for everyone...and will help to give people the 'license' to help :). Thx for pulling it all together
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Fantastic!! A wonderfully positive resource. Xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Beautiful. such a great idea when people ask...what can I do.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Loved this!! 
  • Southgirl
    Southgirl Member Posts: 80
    That is wonderful! @Cosette_BCNA - maybe it would be good to put it on the BCNA facebook page as well?

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    Fantastic @Cosette_BCNA some wonderful and practical suggestions. I'll be putting it on my facebook page and agree with @Jude M, it would be great to go on the BCNA facebook page  :)
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Beautiful for the packs as well
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    A terrific, practical, valuable resource! Have already shared it with a neighbour who has a recently diagnosed friend.  :)
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Awesome!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Thank you Team I am going to add this to this months newsletter for our local support group. 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    edited December 2016
    Just back from holidays and catching up. Really lovely :)
    Paula x
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hope your holidays were good Paula. Merry Christmas Xx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    @socoda thank you so much. I had a wonderful month away, just arrive back late yesterday so this is my first quick visit to the site. Will be catching up over the next week. Merry Christmas to you. Xxxx
  • GavinCh
    GavinCh Member Posts: 26
    @socoda thank you so much, this will help when looking to ensure my wife knows she is always being thought of.