Time to process

Options
2»

Comments

• GinGin
    GinGin Member Posts: 111
    Options
    @JenD, you’ve mentioned there is a positive node (shown on PET scan and biopsied in chest). Any idea how will that be treated?

p.s. my PET scan showed there was ‘something’ in my chest as well. But the doc says they can’t biopsied as it was in a challenging position, she told me rads should treat that area). Hence, keen to hear what your doc has recommended.

p.s, I am hormone positive and Her2- . Have completed 15 rounds of chemo (4 dense dose AC and 11 Taxols) , just completed 15 sessions of rads last week. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,588
    edited March 17
    Options
    All the best for your rehearsing and the national comp @JenD!!   That's good to get help setting up your Tuba and that it is comfy enough to play, sitting down xx

My uke group has been suggested for the local Eisteddfod next month .... but we are happy just playing for local aged care centres ....

take care
  • CeeCee
    CeeCee Member Posts: 20
    Options
    @JenD I can really relate to your comment ‘how was I not aware that all this is happening inside’.
    I’ve seen the comment many times about how our fellow troupers have said how amazing they feel. I am in the best shape of my life, eating very well, super fit, looking after myself, then BAM!
    I’m looking at it telling myself that I am in the best position to beat this mother f&*$%. We got this. 
  • JenD
    JenD Member Posts: 16
    Options
    @GinGin As I understand it, the process of both chemotherapy for all over body elimination of cancer cells and then targeted radiotherapy after is the treatment for this node. Surgery immediately removed tumour and local nodes to this, so next is cellular level mop up.   Radio Dr explained they will complete further scans for comparisons, along with info from initial scans for targetting areas. 
  • GinGin
    GinGin Member Posts: 111
    Options
    Thanks heaps for sharing @JenD! Much appreciated! Best wishes for the rest of your treatments.
  • Katie46
    Katie46 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi @JenD, I found my AC treatment settled into a pattern, a bit weird feeling, for the first 4 days (steroids kicking in), severe fatigue for the next 4 days, and then felt almost normal the 2nd week. I was lucky to not get any nausea. My hair started to fall out on day 13, your scalp can get a bit tender, and my husband buzz cut my hair a few days later (which I had already cut short) and i had almost immediate releif. Mine took a few weeks to fall out and I was left with a bit of fuzz which never fell out, and never grew any longer. It felt like a long road at round 1, but now I've done 8 rounds of paclitaxel and I can see the end in sight! Take each day as it comes, be kind to yourself.