Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Reflecting

Options
This has been a journey i never anticipated. It has been 7 christmases and new years since My BC journey started. I thought loosing hubby to cancer the year before was bad enough. Cancer has been annoying my family now for 9 years. A brother first he survived for 4 years hubby was a real shock in 2015 he  only lasted 4 months. Then me in 2016. Dad 2017 lasted 2 years. 2 of my cousins. 1 passed quickly. The other still with us. Another brother still hanging in there with me. Both of us have bone metastases, wasn't that a shock. Oncologist always said she can’t make any promises. Those little buggers are undetectable till they start to take hold and grow. On a good note I’m stable and no new growth or activity for 6 months now. My life is in a better place. I do what i can and try not regret my choices life is worth living,  even with the side distractions and annoyances that often happen with out cancer being  thrown into the mish mash of life.  
once upon a time. is now, in my time

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Aren't you amazing @cranky_granny. That's a whole lot of cancer. Lots more but look at you. You are more than your cancer story and an inspiration. Thank you for sharing. Sending a virtual hug x
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Thanks for your reflections @cranky_granny. Best wishes for 2023 from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Options
    @cranky_granny agree with you, life is worth living.  Also just look at how you bring such joy to other members here on the forum with your jokes/stories and that photo of the beautiful Christmas tree.  Just to add it is ok also to be cranky, you have overcome a lot.  Wishing you all the best for 2023. xx
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 707
    Options
    @Keeping_positive1 My step grandkids started the granny bit from the beverly hillbillies 40 years ago. My kids added the cranky as a way of warning their kids not to make me cranky  apparently I was a cranky Mumma bear, who wouldn't  with 6 girls and 1 boy.  Always worked kept them on good behaviour haha. Their pop was called grumble bum or shithead  All very light hearted. 
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Options
    Wow, seven children.  I am one of seven and my mum used to refer to her nappy pins as her mothers medals.  She always had a few pinned to her cardigan in those years when her babies were still in nappies.  With seven kids you really need to run a tight ship that is for sure.  :)
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Hi @cranky_granny
    Congratulations on being stable and getting through all that grief in one piece!
    My nana was one of 11 children and she always said it made her resilient and gave her perspective .
    Hope 2023 is good to you and I always  enjoy your posts on here .
    👏👏👏
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    You epitomise this!

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    All the best for a good 2023, @cranky_granny - you and your family have definitely had your fair share of the cancer experience!  Terrific that you are stable and going well. xx  Looking forward to catching up next time you head north ;) xx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Hey @cranky_granny just keep cranking and grannying.

BC is a galloping shit show and there is no way of knowing, when you get on this ride, how, when or if you will get off it.

Hang in there, kick the odd arse if you get the chance. Do what you want to, as much as you can.  Marg XXX