Seems the healthiest thing I do in my day is pee!
I met up with a friend that I hadn’t seen in a number of years. When I first met her, she was a good time party girl from London.
We had a chat about what had been happening over the years. During this conversation I disclosed the BC saga (bad move) which surprisingly triggered a somewhat disapproving look after I mentioned the treatment that I had been through and "perhaps a lifestyle change would have been better than toxic drugs and radiation". WTF. Really?
Somewhere along the way she had turned into Mrs Natural everything, grow your own food, gym junkie, rub some kale on it whilst singing Kumbaya earth mother and proceded to give me a lecture on sustainable natural living, organics, getting in touch with my inner peace and the earth. Rolls eyes and ends conversation by asking how her husbands job is (works in coal mining) end of chat. Hehehehe.
So given that my poor lifestyle choices obviously caused the cancer and that organic food, exercise and turmeric would have cured it. I decided to have a look at a normal day just for a laugh and see how many things were on the list of 116 things that give you cancer as per “The Guardian”.
· Wake up and go pee. No problems with that one.
· Brush teeth Possible fluoride debate with toothpaste. Not on list though.
· Coffee plus Berocca chaser. Seems that’s ok.
· Face care and make up. Obviously full of cancer inducing chemicals like formaldehyde. (73 on list)
· Contemplate which class 1 carcinogen to have for breakfast, bacon or cigarette. Both in the same category so opt for obviously healthier choice in the cigarette as far less fat and calories.
· Second coffee whilst waiting for diesel fume pumping beast of car to warm up (29 on list).
· Park and walk through covered car park at work containing multiple fume pumping beasts driving in.
· Walk into outdoor air pollution (numbers 92 and 93)
· Walk under warning sign reading “This building contains asbestos”. (44 on list) Remind self not to lick or suck on walls.
· Walk past oncology unit and contemplate knowingly being injected with cyclophosphamide (62) ignore thoughts on rads.
· Salami and salad sandwich for lunch. (processed meat 39)
Frequent use of hand sanitizer during the day (number15)
· Sit in line up of exhaust pumping vehicles on the way out for 10 mins whilst stupid boom gate does not open, yet again.
· Walk dog in lovely afternoon sun. (solar radiation 106)
· T bone and salad for dinner. Red meat, bad naughty, on bbq grill at high heat even worse causing benzopyrene and other toxic chemicals (48)
· Glass of wine with dinner Alcohol (22) Resveratrol =Tick. Negates bad alcohol score I believe.
· Pop Tamoxifen pill (number 108 on the list)
Shower and moisturize (number 73 again)
So there you have it. The only safe thing to do in your day is drink coffee and pee!
This was the meme that was shared on her facebook page that afternoon. Was that for me?????? LMFAO