Anxious weekend ahead

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Kat09 Big hugs. When the shock wears off, sending even bigger hugs. 
  • Lynn65
    Lynn65 Member Posts: 46
    edited April 2019
    @Kat09 I’m really sorry to hear it, that’s really tough but glad that you have your treatment plan to manage it.  
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    @Kat09 my heart breaks for you darling. Thanks for passing on the importance of having scans etc sooner rather than later. Sending the biggest virtual hugs #fuckcancer xxoo
  • Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    @Kat09 I’m so sorry to hear this, I know exactly how you feel, your oncologist and yourself have your treatment plan, like mine not curable but treatable. I wish you well in your treatment for a long happy life like I’m looking forward to f..k cancer kick it to the curb big time, wishing you well x
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    @Kat09  I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through.  Bugger Bugger Bugger.     I hope your treatment goes well and wishing you a full and happy long life.   Big Hugs   xox
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    What a good idea! I hope you have a scrumptious meal and a great evening.  :*  K xox
  • Lissie
    Lissie Member Posts: 13
    I'm so very sorry to hear this. I will be thinking of you. Sending you lots of hugs and love from the universe. 
    Lissie.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited April 2019
    Oh bugger Kat. My sister lived a long life with secondary bc and there are so many more options now for  treatment.
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    It is a bugger Kath @primek but I know that I am in the very best of hands and am really glad that I have already started treatment. I am really healthy and will stay strong x
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @kat09 what a so and so!  
    Best wishes for your treatment and here's hoping they caught it early and it will soon be a memory!
    Take care  
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @Kat09 my beautiful girl!!! I only saw this post now, like you I'm not around as much anymore, I'm sorry we havent spoken for awhile either :/ 

I've just caught up on the whole post and want to send you the BIGGEST hug and love, you amazing wonderful woman! I remember what you went through and I agree you are in fantastic hands with your Team. Another diagnosis is our worst nightmare and you know I did this at the 4yr mark and you do absolutely think how on earth am I going to do this??? somehow you find that fire in the belly to do what you need to do! It tests your every resolve, mentally, emotionally and physically. 

What I do know about you though is, you are one hell of a resilient woman who will rise and with love and support one step at a time.

How did treatment go? how are you feeling?? you've got this sweet!!! Hugs M xoxo
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    @melclarity as always your thoughts and love are expressed so beautifully xo. I have been really strong til I read your post with only a few private tears with my husband. I started Xeloda 1500mg twice daily on Sunday, so day 5 of 14 today and am feeling really well, that's the kicker right I'm so strong and healthy who knew a secondary cancer was lurking! I am continuing to work and needing that for my sanity, my work colleagues have been amazing and thankfully life continues as normal both there and at home. I guess the biggest part of getting sick is trying not to feel like you've let the people you love down, that's probably my biggest struggle. It is so hard telling them that you have an illness that is not curable, well not currently anyway!  Each time I take these meds I feel that they are kicking this horrid disease in the arse. My oncologist doesn't believe she can make the cancer disappear and her hope is that it shrinks and continues to be contained, that is the lesser of my hopes , my biggest hope is showing her that we did make it disappear and hearing that word remission again!

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @Kat09 uuuugh I teared up reading yours! I just wanted to say I hear you and I feel you and that you have it all inside you to put one foot in front of the other and you know what?? if thats too hard somedays??? just STAND! nothing more because that's who you are. 

I'm glad to hear you still working and I think that's a great idea for your sanity and to feel most like yourself. I understand that thought of feeling of letting your family down, but this is where we need to step back be kind and really love ourselves so much more. We didnt do this to ourselves and you're not letting your family down at all, they love you. 

I say power to you!!! stuff remission sister!!! lets keep talking of it gone!!! Sounds like youre off to a good start with Xeloda, so keep going.

We are all here anytime you need talk, please PM anytime too! You have lots of support...biggest hugs! xoxo M